Nebo Redline Tactical Flashlight 220 Lumen

JHCANDLEPOWER

Newly Enlightened
Nebo Redline

I was at my local TruValue hardware store when I saw a Nebo Redline flashlight display. I didn't get a chance to play with it for more than a minute. It was a really nice design. The light had what appears to be an aspheric lens which could be changed from spot to flood. The light was listed as 220 lumens. I thought it was a great design as it could tailstand and had a magnet on the bottom for hanging on metal surfaces. It even had an optional tripod accessory. The light appeared bright and had a blue hue (I estimate around 6500K).

Anyone use this yet? If so, is the LED easy to access for an XM-L or warmer upgrade? Any comment on long term durability? Very nice design. Here's a link at Amazon. Item is smaller than it appears on the Amazon website.

http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-Redline-T...936683-0180414

JHCANDLEPOWER

Newly Enlightened
Nebo Redline

I was at my local TruValue hardware store when I saw a Nebo Redline flashlight display. I didn't get a chance to play with it for more than a minute. It was a really nice design. The light had what appears to be an aspheric lens which could be changed from spot to flood. The light was listed as 220 lumens. I thought it was a great design as it could tailstand and had a magnet on the bottom for hanging on metal surfaces. It even had an optional tripod accessory. The light appeared bright and had a blue hue (I estimate around 6500K).

Anyone use this yet? If so, is the LED easy to access for an XM-L or warmer upgrade? Any comment on long term durability? Very nice design. Here's a link at Amazon. Item is smaller than it appears on the Amazon website.

http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-Redline-T...936683-0180414

85burbanator

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nebo Redline

I picked one up. Its a decent light, my only issue is that the button is hard for me to push with my thumb and the light doesn't stay on one setting after you turn it off. It'll hold for a few seconds but then resets. I like it and you can remove the lens head deal and use it like a candle similar to mini-mag lites

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody hear of this light? $30 and 3xAAA powered for 220 lumens or so claimed.

I have my opinions, but Hey I'm just asking so don't take away my CPF merit badge.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nebo Redline

ok guys it's been a few months how are your Red-line light holding up?

nicodimus22

Newly Enlightened
I've only had mine for a couple of weeks, but it seems really nice. Still on the original set of batteries, and I've been playing with it every night. I'm really enjoying it. I like the versatility. It can be a hand cannon spotlight, or a low level room-lighting floodlight, and anything in between. The only thing that seems suspect to me is the red plastic ring around the headpiece. Not that I've had any issues with it...yet...but I'd just as soon that part be aluminum like the rest of the flashlight.

Edit: Just found someone selling aluminum rings for the Redline to replace the red plastic ring on Ebay for about $6 shipped. Search for "Nebo Redline upgrade ring" and it should come up.

Last edited:

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
I've only had mine for a couple of weeks, but it seems really nice. Still on the original set of batteries, and I've been playing with it every night. I'm really enjoying it. I like the versatility. It can be a hand cannon spotlight, or a low level room-lighting floodlight, and anything in between. The only thing that seems suspect to me is the red plastic ring around the headpiece. Not that I've had any issues with it...yet...but I'd just as soon that part be aluminum like the rest of the flashlight.

Edit: Just found someone selling aluminum rings for the Redline to replace the red plastic ring on Ebay for about $6 shipped. Search for "Nebo Redline upgrade ring" and it should come up.

I've had my Redline for a while and it's definitely a very good light for the price.

220 Lumens for 4 hours
110 Lumens for 8 hours
22 Lumens for 15 hours
S.O.S, Strobe Flashing for 72 Hours
Green Glow in the Dark on/off switch
Magnet on the tail cap.

On a $25 flashlight? I don't think I've seen a better deal.

Thanks for the post about the aluminum "Nebo Redline upgrade ring".

That will fix my only complaint with the design (the red plastic ring).

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've often wondered about their lights, but when I see the power requirements (3 x AAA), I shy away. I wish flashlight manufacturers would stop making these lights. They have some really great ideas, but due to the format, I can't bring myself to check one out - kind of like the new Mags... My first real flashlight was a Mini-Mag AA, and I would have quickly snatched up one of their newer lights if it weren't for the god-awful 3 x AAA form factor!

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
I've often wondered about their lights, but when I see the power requirements (3 x AAA), I shy away. I wish flashlight manufacturers would stop making these lights. They have some really great ideas, but due to the format, I can't bring myself to check one out - kind of like the new Mags... My first real flashlight was a Mini-Mag AA, and I would have quickly snatched up one of their newer lights if it weren't for the god-awful 3 x AAA form factor!

What do you have against the 3 X AAA form factor? It's not really that much wider. I think for the price the Redline is a pretty decent light.