Surefire frankenstien VS M300A

rollincode

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
Thanks to this website I was able to piece my franken-light together. The light is on my patrol rifle now and Im pretty happy with it....untill I saw the Surefire Scout Mini M300A.

Anyways my current set up consists of a G2 body, a Titanium Innovations D1000 drop in, a metal bezel and a Pelican pressure pad.

My question is how do those two lights compare. Im pretty sure the M300A is more reliable, lighter, and proffesional looking because its a complete set. But overall, how will the actual light perform given the listed data for the lights. Also, if possible, how do I obtain the 300 lumen rating out of my drop in. (just curious,that would be way too bright for a gun light)

I searched and searched and have yet to come across anyone with a M300A beam shot, only breif reviews on youtube. The D1000 review is an article comparing it to Malkoff Devices.

You help is appreciated

JohnSmith

Enlightened
As for the beamshot, if you've ever seen the 110 lumen Surefire E1B then the M300A is exactly the same thing. I have both lights and my impression is that they're identical on the high setting (though I don't know if they actually are identical internally).