What are your favourite under $50 and under $30 P60 dropin?

ganymede

Enlightened
Guys,

I have a two each C2 and 6P en-route no thanks to SF for discontinuing some of their legendary incan models and closeout price by dealers.

I would like to look into upgrading a few to LED for longer run time and versatility. I have gone through the big and very informative P60 sized led drop-ins thread stickied on top of the LED Forum and I am interested to know what are your favourite under $50 and under $30 drop-ins. Malkoff, Torchlab Triple et al are great but I can't afford them for the time being.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

antikythera

Newly Enlightened
I just bought the Solarforce 5-mode XM-L dropin for my closeout C2 for just shy of $20. It'll be here tomorrow, and then I'll let you know! I was given a lot of great advice in my thread, if you look a few pages down. I think it's titled "Surefire C2 Upgrades?" or something like that.

ganymede

Enlightened
I just bought the Solarforce 5-mode XM-L dropin for my closeout C2 for just shy of $20. It'll be here tomorrow, and then I'll let you know! I was given a lot of great advice in my thread, if you look a few pages down. I think it's titled "Surefire C2 Upgrades?" or something like that.

antikythera,

Thanks! Yes, I have read your thread many times over and even bookmarked it! Very informative indeed!

As far as budget dropins are concerned, we have Thrunite, Solarforce, Manafont, Nailbender, Ultrafire, DX, Dereelight, LumenFactory and I am sure I have missed a few.

Let us know what you think of you Solarforce ok? Thanks again.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive had at least 5 nailbender drop-ins, and very satisfied with them. my favorites and most used are a high CRI P4, and warm XM-L drop-in.

my potted XM-L drop-in was only $45.
even his linger special would be under $50.

never tried other sub $50 drop-ins cause they arent offered in warm/neutral tint.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Thrunite XP-G 3 mode drop-in. It has a decent low of 2-3 lumens ore something like that as well as a decent high and medium separation (and no strobes).

I also have a single mode Thrunite XM-L drop-in.

I've had no problems with either of them and I think both were in the $35 range.

ganymede

Enlightened
I have a Thrunite XP-G 3 mode drop-in. It has a decent low of 2-3 lumens ore something like that as well as a decent high and medium separation (and no strobes).

I also have a single mode Thrunite XM-L drop-in.

I've had no problems with either of them and I think both were in the $35 range.

Are the Thrunite PWM or current control?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Under $50 - Manafont 3 mode XM-L (modded to neutral emitter if one can be found).
Under $30 - The same.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Ultrafire 3 mode XM-L, comes with OP and SMO. And it's a powerhouse. I suspect it's the same as the Manafont above.

Voider

Enlightened
Under $50: Nailbender XML coolwhite 2-stage smo reflector 2.8A potted
Under $30: Thrunite XML 1-stage