Custom Lanyard, SF A2 Attachment help

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I have recently bought my first A2 and the first thing I did was get rid of that lanyard ring, I didnt like the way it got in the way of the clip and the tailcap when trying to twist operate one handed, I feel a lanyard tied around this slot will be much better, not only for holding it but for those moments when you nearly drop it, a lanyard will give you a second chance before it hits the ground.

I have a problem, I dont know how to tie a knot that will tighten down around this slot and allow me to make something that looks cool instead of the standard Surefire lanyards.

Anyone done this to an A2 before, I have seen it done to many other lights, namely the waist part of the HDS lights.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSCF6285.jpg

DSCF6284.jpg

This is as far as I have got, the pics will also help make clear what I am trying to do, if its works like this on the A2 it should work on other flashlights.

I just need a way of tying up the 2 tails, maybe into some sort of lanyard, like a snake knot

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well here it is my last attempt, I redid the constrictor knot with a longer length of paracord and finished it off with my favourite lanyard knot, cant remember the name if this one but I think it goes well with the A2

DSCF6287.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, It kept me busy for a few hours on my day off anyway so im happy