What is the brightest AA Light using a XP-E/XR-E

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Pretty much the title guys looking for the brightest single AA using XP-E or XR-E emitters. I saw they can do over 107 ANSI rated lumens trying to beat the lux stats on my old lithium 2aa at 107 ANSI lumens so it has to have higher then 107 ANSI lumens on a single AA.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What is the brightest single AA using a XP-E/XR-E

Take a look at the Quark AA R2 or the Fenix LD10 Q5. Here's a round up review on 4 quarks plus lots of data on other lights with the R2 & Q5 LED's done in 2009 by Selfbuilt - ClickHere

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why XP-E or XR-E? XP-G is much more efficient (=brighter).

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why XP-E or XR-E? XP-G is much more efficient (=brighter).
I think its the problem of focusing, if you consider lux reading, they will give more than XPG, the effect of optics>effect of efficiency

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Thank you for answering that. I like the xp-e better then the floody xp-g. I dont like massive heads on aa lights and the xr/p e can throw very well.
Any other 107+ ansi rated single AA suggestions?

aau007

Enlightened

How about the Jetbeam Jet-I Pro V3? I think it is a xr-e r2. Nice throw for such a small light. Or the older rrt0 r2. The rrt0 r2 is brighter with a single AA but is a ted longer than the Jet-I Pro V3 when using AA.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love the xp-e in small lights. I kept my neutral quark mini aa (the old xp-e version) and got rid of all my xp-g's. It will go direct drive with a 14500 and high mode is really bright.
Liteflux lf2xt is my favorite small light, got a neutral xp-e. Xp-g is okay in small lights, but I don't expect it to throw like a xp-e or xr-e. If i need flood, i can grab a small xp-g or xm-l light.
Zebralight has sale on their older xp-e series. sc50+ is a great light for it's current price.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Thanks but the Liteflux lf2xt is an AAA model. I am looking for an single AA model. The older Quarks are an option except I want 107 ANSI + on a singe AA to beat 2AA Energizer Lithium which is a really good light. The JetBeam RRT-0 was a perfect suggestion except I can't find them anywhere in stock and I am pretty sure they were disconnected sometime ago if I remember correctly. It's also the same story with the Jet-I Pro V3, I can't find them anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Great suggestions so far it's just some suggestions of lighters are disconnected and hard to find. So, I am looknig for a world of more options. Thanks again guys.

EDITED my original post to be more clearer.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

Try CPFMarketplace. These lights show up there from time to time and at used prices.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

The old zebralight sc50+ is supposed to be 122 lumens on a aa. And i think it got better heatsinking than any single aa ligtht out there.

aau007

Enlightened

... the same story with the Jet-I Pro V3, I can't find them anywhere. Any other suggestions?

I think you can still find the Pro V3 on ebay but at full price.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I think im running out of options. Or have to resort finding older those lights new i really don't like buying used.
Any other suggestions? Never was interested in any ZL lights except the Q50.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

My Fenix MC10 did ~120L in the BC sphere. It held steady after 3-4 minutes too IIRC. It NEEDS an eneloop or similar quality NiMH cell to achieve this.
It uses an XPE, not sure the flux BIN though.

EDIT... with fresh eneloops on a ceiling bounce the MC10 appears to be just as bright as my Quark 1AA tactical R5. The MC10 is obviously not a thrower though... I dont need a lux measurement to see it either.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

@ phantom23...
Guessing the OP wants as tight a beam as possible from a small diameter optic

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hemispheric lens do focus better than reflector cup (same size)
Fresnel lens does even better(DIY Required)

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

@ phantom23...
Guessing the OP wants as tight a beam as possible from a small diameter optic

Most lights that use the XP-E/XR-E give me the beam profile i am looking for. Just want it higher then 107 lumens and on a single AA. So far gome great suggestions but the lights suggested are hard to find the xpg and xml has taken over.

ico

Enlightened

Fenix LD15 - 117 ANSI lumens. uses 1 AA. has a high and low mode(8 lumens)

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Fenix LD15 - 117 ANSI lumens. uses 1 AA. has a high and low mode(8 lumens)

It uses an XP-G.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pretty much the title guys looking for the brightest single AA using XP-E or XR-E emitters. I saw they can do over 107 ANSI rated lumens trying to beat the lux stats on my old lithium 2aa at 107 ANSI lumens so it has to have higher then 107 ANSI lumens on a single AA.

Thanks again guys.

EagleTac p10a XR-E? I doubt the claimed 130 lumens are ANSI, but should at least match your lux & 107 lumen requirements per these comparisons.

142rhbl.jpg

:rock: