Unbelievable small light (Eagletac D25LC2 Mini)

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Just recieved the Eagletac D25LC2 Mini. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!
Over 300 lumens OTF and the low setting is perfect for walking around the house/outside at night. For such a small light the throw is crazy. I can post shots if you want. Might not be the best but I'll try, let me know.

speedsix

Enlightened
Re: Unbelievable small light

I see the D25A2 comes with three brightness "lebels". That's right, "lebels".

purelite

Enlightened

Well, if you were a true Flashaholic you would know that Lebels are a much more accurate realworld measure of output in flashlights. Unlike emitter lumens the Lebel is the true OTF . You really need to get up to speed here "Speedsix"!!!! :)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now you can go for a, quark mini with a 14500 battery. Way smaller, pretty mutch same brightness ( ~300 otf for some seonds before it heats up and lumens drops some). Same with some of the aaa lights with a xp-g and a 10440 (if u dare) :) The 10440 in some of the aaa lights are amazing size to output ratio, but gets burning hot if you drive them on high for more than a min or two. You loose warranty but the insaine amount of light comming out of a tiny stick is worth it :) Both a tiny toy for wow effect, and a useful little light in one. I rarly use the highest setting on any of my lights for more than some minutes at the time, with some few exepions.
The Eagletac D25LC2 Mini looks ineresting, but i want one in neutral tint.

Last edited:

justlux

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

Can you tell me the lux reading on high please?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eagletac claims it's 6900 lux. I don't know how Eagletac lux compares to selfbuilt lux, but if they're the same (and I suspect they're not, and selfbuilt's numbers are only valid for comparison purposes to his other reviews), that seems very high for such a small reflector...

Sanderman

Newly Enlightened

Just recieved the Eagletac D25LC2 Mini. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!
Over 300 lumens OTF and the low setting is perfect for walking around the house/outside at night. For such a small light the throw is crazy. I can post shots if you want. Might not be the best but I'll try, let me know.

Too bad they don't make in neutral. I really like the color of their neutral tint lights compared to some other brands (4Sevens, Xeno)

jcalvert

Enlightened

Now you can go for a, quark mini with a 14500 battery. Way smaller, pretty mutch same brightness ( ~300 otf for some seonds before it heats up and lumens drops some). Same with some of the aaa lights with a xp-g and a 10440 (if u dare) :) The 10440 in some of the aaa lights are amazing size to output ratio, but gets burning hot if you drive them on high for more than a min or two. You loose warranty but the insaine amount of light comming out of a tiny stick is worth it :) Both a tiny toy for wow effect, and a useful little light in one. I rarly use the highest setting on any of my lights for more than some minutes at the time, with some few exepions.
The Eagletac D25LC2 Mini looks ineresting, but i want one in neutral tint.

Here you go, the D25LC2 XPG-R4 Neutral: http://www.illuminationgear.com/14322/396382.html .

dbare

Newly Enlightened
I received my d25lc2 mini from illumination gear (great service btw) two days ago. It seems to be the ultimate EDC with four output levels - rarely need to go past level 2 plus the other hidden strobes and stuff. Very light, great clip, almost unnoticed in pocket. Easy one hand operation. And a 10 year warranty.. WOW. More flood than throw which I like. However, the beam goes a long way. The turbo mode is seriously impressive for showin' off to your friends. I too am very impressed. Looks like run times are also very good. I also have a ShiningBeam S-mini XM-L T6 in transit from Bryan at ShiningBeam for comparison and EDC rotation.

Danielight

Enlightened
I will second dbare's review! I also got my D25LC2 (R4) from illuminationGear a couple of weeks ago, and it's a nice light. This is the first light I've purchased that runs on 18650s (I also bought an Eagletac 3100 mAh when I ordered the light) ... 493 lumens (Turbo for 90 seconds).

hatman

Enlightened
I received my d25lc2 mini from illumination gear (great service btw) two days ago. It seems to be the ultimate EDC with four output levels - rarely need to go past level 2 plus the other hidden strobes and stuff. Very light, great clip, almost unnoticed in pocket. Easy one hand operation. And a 10 year warranty.. WOW. More flood than throw which I like. However, the beam goes a long way. The turbo mode is seriously impressive for showin' off to your friends. I too am very impressed. Looks like run times are also very good. I also have a ShiningBeam S-mini XM-L T6 in transit from Bryan at ShiningBeam for comparison and EDC rotation.

Please do share a comparison.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked one of these up virtually N.I.B. on the Marketplace a couple weeks back. I'm very impressed with it, great output, well spaced levels, good twisty action, blinky modes out of the way in the UI, great size, and good clip. All great.... except for the tint. It's a neutral R4, and its got a green tinge to it. I guess I'm a bit of a tint snob, but this is driving me nuts. I really like the light otherwise, but Ican't stand the slight greenish hue on the lower levels.

I'd love to see one of these with the one of those nice warm 90+ CRI XP-Gs.

david57strat

Enlightened
I was amazed at the clarity of the beam this light produced; not to menion, the output (549 lumens O.T.F., with the XM-L U2 version,running an Eagletac 3100 mAH). This light gives me M20-X a run for its money, in a far more compact, less expensive package. Don't get me wrong. I love my M20-X, but this one produces a far more appealing tint (maybe not a fair comparison, to the XM-L T6 LED of the M20-X - which seems just slightly greener, in tint...?) Still, I realize I'm comparing apples and oranges, and both lights have their specific uses; so I wouldn't really want to part with either. I EDC both lights, along with three others lol.

I'd like to get my hands on the G25C2, with some of the additional drop-ins and the filter kit. For some reason, I strongly prefer a cool tint over the neutral; but I've read that the neutral provides better color rendition, and more clarity (especially in foliage); so it'd be a nice light that could give me both (either), with the simple change of a drop-in - but that's another thread, altogether.

lebox97

Enlightened
:welcome:

FYI: this thread refers to the D25LC2 mini (twisty) model that was introduced last year.
The even higher lumen output D25LC2 Clicky model introduced 2-3 months ago is the model you are referencing. :)

FYI-2: The G25C2 does not use user replaceable "drop in" modules.
Only the ET T20C2 MKII, P20A2 MKII, and P20C2 MKII have replaceable modules.

Cheers

I was amazed at the clarity of the beam this light produced; not to menion, the output (549 lumens O.T.F., with the XM-L U2 version,running an Eagletac 3100 mAH). This light gives me M20-X a run for its money, in a far more compact, less expensive package. Don't get me wrong. I love my M20-X, but this one produces a far more appealing tint (maybe not a fair comparison, to the XM-L T6 LED of the M20-X - which seems just slightly greener, in tint...?) Still, I realize I'm comparing apples and oranges, and both lights have their specific uses; so I wouldn't really want to part with either. I EDC both lights, along with three others lol.

I'd like to get my hands on the G25C2, with some of the additional drop-ins and the filter kit. For some reason, I strongly prefer a cool tint over the neutral; but I've read that the neutral provides better color rendition, and more clarity (especially in foliage); so it'd be a nice light that could give me both (either), with the simple change of a drop-in - but that's another thread, altogether.

turf

Newly Enlightened
I am late to this discussion. but am considering a D25LC2 mini and could not find a better thread to ask about it.

The Eagletac site says the light is a 7.4° spot with 62° spill. GoingGear and Amazon have it as center spot 3.7° with 31° spill. Is this a difference in the LED module, or from last year to this year's model, or a difference in how the beam is measured (since one is exactly half of the other)? I am looking for a small 18650 flashlight with the longest throw as a compliment to a zebralight headlamp.

Verndog

Enlightened

Too bad they don't make in neutral. I really like the color of their neutral tint lights compared to some other brands (4Sevens, Xeno)

They do! I just bought one and it's awesome! (clicky version not mini)

Tiresius

Enlightened

They do! I just bought one and it's awesome! (clicky version not mini)

I turned my D25LC2 into a stubby :D Love how people are blown away by how small and bright this guy is. Little do they know that it is much more battery efficient with a 18350 than a 16340.