Received my Klarus XT-1A & 2A (initial impressions)

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having chose to use a Klarus XT-10 as a duty light and being very impressed with the light I decided to try the two lights mentioned in the above thread title.

Initial impressions are, these lights absolutely rock :rock:, The finish is a gun metal gray hard anodizing with absolutely no flaws. Threads are nicely done and the tail cap and head screw on very smoothly. Printing is clean and neat and the printing on the body and head all line up in a neat row on the 1A, the 2A has off center printing on the head (just lucky on one).

I was surprised by the length of the 2A, it may not be exactly a pocket light but the 1A is perfect.

I compared my 1A to my Quark AA tactical and the quark is just a tiny bit brighter side by side.

The dual switch is easy to get to, either the primary or secondary even though the lights are narrow. The body tube is very thick and the AA fits with almost no play between the battery and the tube wall. Despite the fact that both the Klarus web site and the packaging claims a pocket clip is included there is no clip included with either light ( I really would like a clip ). These are really very nice lights that are as bright as older much bulkier lights from just a few years ago.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
I was looking forward to see how you like those lights as I've seen you chime in on most of the XT10 threads I've checked out and mention you had them on the way. Looking for a pocket friendly tac light I had originally wanted a 2xAA but realized most of them with clicky are a bit long pushing up on 6 1/2". Using 2xCR123A now for just the right length but really wanted the Eneloop option... I might still get a couple newer 2xAA lights to keep in the house and vehicles as back-ups.

They need to ship out some clips to the owners of these lights, if people wanted to holster carry they would just stick with the XT10 or other full-size tac light. I still plan on getting the XT2C when it is available and I have the funds to compare it with what I carry now.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1A may actually replace my Quark tactical 123(2) as my primary EDC and plain clothes duty light. all three modes of brightness are available with one hand. I hate twisty heads in general.

BTW: I did get a second XT-10 with tape switch to mount on my duty carbine

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
Klarus has been impressing me lately with their lights. I also realized that XT1A is written not to support 14500. In a way, this is a draw back (altough being conservative is better rather than being overstated at the beginning).
I dont see a reason an 1xAA torch recently released is not supporting 14500 other than the reason of saving some money on the circuit.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XT1A &2A are designed as true tactical lights. Most users outside of CPF members are not going to be familiar with any power source other than alkaline and Nimh batteries. Maybe they will be familiar with AA lithium's but would prefer to use alkaline cells. I don't find there to be a major problem with the current power source support YMMV.

Dreamaster

Newly Enlightened
I would LOVE to see pictures of the beams as well as pictures of the lights in your hand, as well as pics next to an XT10 if you have one. :) THANKS. :)

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
The XT1A &2A are designed as true tactical lights. Most users outside of CPF members are not going to be familiar with any power source other than alkaline and Nimh batteries. Maybe they will be familiar with AA lithium's but would prefer to use alkaline cells. I don't find there to be a major problem with the current power source support YMMV.
Agreed to the idea that this would be an 'out of box' light. Anyhow, they have released the remote switch for all the XT series. This would be one of very few 1xAA or 1xCR123 torch that has remote switch option available

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed to the idea that this would be an 'out of box' light. Anyhow, they have released the remote switch for all the XT series. This would be one of very few 1xAA or 1xCR123 torch that has remote switch option available

I have the pressure switch but have not seen if it fits the A series. I'll check it over the weekend. Probably will not have the time to take photo's

lautamas

Newly Enlightened
ED10 will fit ONLY XT10 and XT20
TR11 will fit XT1A and XT1C as well as XT2A
TR12 will fit XT2C Only
I wonder why they would seperate TR12 at all? It would be perfect if there is only one TR10 that fits all the XT series torches

deklan

Newly Enlightened
Agree with the OP, the new Klarus 2-button interface is a delight to use. I've also had the opportunity to compare a XT2A (rated 245 lumens) vs a Jetbeam BA20 (rated 270 lumens). The XT2A's tint is slightly cooler, the BA20 is slightly greener. In terms of output, the XT2A edges out the BA20 slightly (both were using freshly charged Eneloops). Button-wise, the XT2A is firmer, the BA20 is a bit squishy - I prefer the Klarus in this regard.

Myrakas

Newly Enlightened
How is the beam tint of XT2A? I'm looking for a 2aa flashlight and Klarus XT2A seems like a good option. But there is very little feedback about them...

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the beam tint of XT2A? I'm looking for a 2aa flashlight and Klarus XT2A seems like a good option. But there is very little feedback about them...

The 2A is very new, It is very bright and very floody. It is a bit heavier and larger than I thought it would be.

BTW, I also got the XT-20

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 2A is very new, It is very bright and very floody. It is a bit heavier and larger than I thought it would be.

BTW, I also got the XT-20

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
My Klarus Xt1A just arrived today, and all I could say is that it's reLly nice. The battery fits real snug with no play, it did come with a rayovac AA battery which I think is weird do they supposed to come with one? Oh and the tint is cool whit with a hint of purple, I still the tint of my xt10 better.