4sevens XM18 available for pre-order.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if a link to the pre-order page is strictly allowed but as it's the point of the thread here it is: http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297&products_id=2845
Feel free to remove/edit if it's against the rules to post it directly. It's on the front page of 4sevens.com anyway.

$2,499. That is a lot more than I expected, but if they hold up on the 10 year warranty and that covers the proprietary li-ion battery you can see how that could push up the market price, certainly well out of my reach though.

It says 'get ready for 15,000 lumens' so I'm guessing that is close to the OTF value. The 18 in the name refers to the LED output at the emitter, like the maelstrom series.

tolkaze

Enlightened
The XM is for XM-L and the 18 is because there are 18 emitters isn't it? the Maelstrom S18 uses an SST90, and while it may be 1800 lm at the emitter, it is only about 1250 otf. If the XM18 is putting out 15,000 lumens OTF, then each emitter is doing a lazy 833 lumens out the front, being driven at about 1000lm at the emitter.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, well it's the same labelling as the Maelstrom series except for the XM-18 it refers to 18,000 emitter lumens rather than the 1,800 of the S18. I think there was a thread/interview somewhere in which David mentioned he toyed with the idea of calling it the XM-180 but it just didn't seem right so they slimlined it to XM-18.

I mentioned 15,000 OTF as that is what it says on 4sevens site, it doesn't specifically say that's OTF but as the '18' part of the name applies to emitter lumens I thought it wouldn't make sense to add another intermediary lumen output above the final OTF measured value.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price is not as much as i thought it was going to be.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I am very curious to see if anyone here will get the XM18. I just saw another thread on a group buy from June of last year too when I looked up the XM18 on google. That thing is a BEAST. My P1200A2 can out throw it though :duh2: :p

It kinda reminds me of a Tie Fighter from Star Wars. Maybe selfbuilt will get one. I can light up the Golden Gate Bridge with this.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very curious to see if anyone here will get the XM18. I just saw another thread on a group buy from June of last year too when I looked up the XM18 on google. That thing is a BEAST. My P1200A2 can out throw it though :duh2: :p

It kinda reminds me of a Tie Fighter from Star Wars. Maybe selfbuilt will get one. I can light up the Golden Gate Bridge with this.

OT: Hey Animalmother, i'll buy your PA40 if you still have it! :)

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Sorry roadkill1109, shipped it this morning.
It's funny, maybe we'll see a XM18 on the marketplace when this comes out.

That's a crazy light, that thing has some serious juice. It make a great headlamp.

bob4apple

Enlightened
It takes 32 18650 batteries to run it, according to the video above.
If it comes with a helicopter to carry it all, count me in.

(And I can't wait to see someone try to get that thing past the TSA at the airport!,
..."Sir, would you please turn that on to verify-:eeksign:Ahhhhhhhh I'm blind, turn it off!!!).

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I wonder if they're going to release a decent charging solution for it. If it comes with a built-in battery pack and charging system, the price might start to seem a bit more reasonable. That's about $600 worth of batteries... and nearly three days to charge all of them on a two-at-a-time charger (assuming about 4 hours per cell).

Phanatic

Newly Enlightened
Seriously, what would you use that thing for? Search and Rescue, maybe...

Last edited: