Stinger HP

WaltH

Enlightened
I'm thinking of getting one of these but I have 3 questions.

1. Is the HP model that much better than the standard stinger?

2. Is the HP (also the regular stinger) brigher than a Surefire 8AX?

3. What is the cheapest/best place to purchase one?

Thanks,

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Go to the Streamlight site. That will answer #1. I happened to be there last night, looking for somewhat the same information. I believe the HP is 40% brighter than the standard Stinger. I'm debating on the HP or the HP-XP for the car.

Ratso

Enlightened
1. The light won't be brighter in lumens, but in candlepower. The intensity and throw of the spot will be greater so you will THINK it is brighter, but there will be less "spill" light.

2. I believe the Stinger and 8AX are very similar in output. The Stinger HP can focus tighter but does not have as a nice a beam as the 8AX.

3. I'm not sure about this one. Try Arizona Gun Runners or Brightguy.

www.arizonagunrunners.com
www.brightguy.com

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the best price i've found anywhere on streamlight is from [email protected] he sells on ebay.

stinger XT HP $85 shipped, both chargers.
ultrastinger $90 shipped, both chargers.

WaltH

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with the 8AX and hope the battery issues get ironed out soon.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
My HP achieves an intense and long throwing beam, but at the expense of hotspot diameter which is barely one half that of my US. Even that is a misleading figure because that hotspot isn't really very hot except for an intense "spot within the spot" that is less than 1/2 the diameter of the regular hotspot.

So, the true size of the business end of the HP's hotspot is less than 1/4 the diameter of my US hotspot.

Does this sound familiar to other HP owners or is my lamp/reflector combo somehow out of whack?

Brightnorm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have to agree with Ratso on point number 1,I don't own any sfs,so I can't comment there.However I got the upgrade from a stinger to a stinger hp and I'm really very satisfied.
Good luck with the price ,I think you'll find about $85 may be the lowest,just remember the different combos,ac and dc chargers,just one charger ,etc.