Need help from the exterts. Fenix LD20

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
My Fenix LD20, worked fine for about a year. A few days ago I instaled 2 eneloop rechargeable batteries and I tested it for a few seconds(worked ok) and returned the AA alkaline I normaly use.
Today, it does not turn on at all.

Did I ruin it by using the eneloops?

I entered the Fenix web page and there is no address for sending it in for repair.

Any advice is apreciated.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LD20 was actually designed more for NiMH eneloops than it is for alkaline batteries. The light prefers the lower 1.2v NiMH batteries. This is evident when turning the LD20 on in low. If using NiMH batteries then the low mode works fine, but if you are using 1.5v alkaline batteries then the low mode has the same output as medium for a while until the voltage drops a little. It's a strange flaw, but not really a big deal.

Regarding your problem, I have had this same thing happen to me once while hiking. My LD20 just quit working without warning. It was bad timing because I was trying to get my wife & kids back to our lodge. We had other lights, so we made it without complaints. When I got back though I found the problem. Hopefully this will fix yours too.

Take the tail off. Inside the tail is a silver retaining ring with two dimples on opposite sides of each other. Using a pair of needle nose plyers or anything else that can be inserted into those two dimples, tighten up that ring. You should be up & running again. If this doesn't work then call the dealer you bought it from to get it fixed.

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
It now works fine!!!!!! I did what you told me. I had a little trouble because the the thread tightens to the left, so at first I was loosening it. Once I got it tight it worked ok.

Thank you.

Fakel

Newly Enlightened
How would the change of batteries make that 'thing' come loose?