EAGLETAC G25C2: one question about turbo

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I have almost decided to choose EAGLETAC G25C2 and before buying it I'd like to ask a question about turbo mode output. Does also EAGLETAC G25C2, like a few oother flashlights, have some problems in turbo mode with one 18650 battery? I know a few other flashlights work better with two CR123A batteries; in turbo mode they dim a little bit the light with one 18650. For EAGLETAC G25C2 is the same? Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would consider Klarus XT11 or zebralight SC600 or Thrunite TN12!!

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
G25C2 is equally bright on both 2xCR123A and 1x18650. More - it maintains full regulationwith single Li-Ion. You can also deactivate thermal stepdown.

The Engineer

Newly Enlightened
I will test it in a few days
I´m waiting for my luxmeter to arrive
My Eyemeter says it´s same brightness

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
What good news!!!! Thanks. Can I use AW 18650 3100 mAH High Capacity Rechargeable batteries? I ask this question because they don't have the head but they are flat on their extremities.

The Engineer

Newly Enlightened
no you can´t use them with the G25C2
I use eagletac 18650 3100mAh
The Cell´s are Panasonic quality cell´s

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
no you can´t use them with the G25C2
I use eagletac 18650 3100mAh
The Cell´s are Panasonic quality cell´s

I use these 18650 3100mah as well, it seems eagletac have recently redesigned their battery packaging? The new ones come in this lil white cardboard box now.

The Engineer

Newly Enlightened
I use these 18650 3100mah as well, it seems eagletac have recently redesigned their battery packaging? The new ones come in this lil white cardboard box now.
Which cells do you mean ? AW or Eagletac
The AW Flat top cells shouldn't work because of the G25´s Battery reverse polarity protection.
You can add a little magnet to the Flat top cell´s to make them work
The 18650 3100mAh Eagletac cell´s work fine in my G25

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW cells are flat top and do not work reliably in the G25C2
EagleTac has button or raised top cells and these will work in the G25C2.

The G25C2 has a collar between the head and battery chamber. You can only load batteries from the tail. This causes the flat top cells to not make contact, but also helps to protect the batteries from shock if dropped or used under recoil.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
AW cells are flat top and do not work reliably in the G25C2
EagleTac has button or raised top cells and these will work in the G25C2.

The G25C2 has a collar between the head and battery chamber. You can only load batteries from the tail. This causes the flat top cells to not make contact, but also helps to protect the batteries from shock if dropped or used under recoil.

That's one of the reasons that I prefer the Klarus XT11 over the Eagletac. The XT11 has springs at the fore and aft of the cell chamber, so its cushioned from recoil and shock BOTH ways, plus, it can take a large variety of cells.

Also - The Eagletack steps down after 200 seconds according to their site....more or less making it start on turbo at about the same as the XT11, and, drop down to about the same output as well. (As mentioned above by a CPF-er with both (Engineer)..who observed exactly that impression by eye)

And - AGAIN, I am pointing out that if the light you get has a reflector designed to throw, up close, the light will be SMALL. It will not light up as large an area at once, and, you are trying to see what's around you as if you had to look through a paper towel tube, etc.

:D

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
How much important is to buy protected 18650 3100mAh Eagletac batteries? I have to buy 6 batteries.

The Engineer

Newly Enlightened
You can deactivate the G25C2´s " Energy saving feature"
When you deactivate this you have 640 ansi Lumen all the Time no step down

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
There are two different models: Eagletac Panasonic 18650 3.7 V - 3100 MAH PCB and Eagletac 18650 Li-Ionen Akku 3100mAh. What are the differences?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Panasonic cells are excellent and have the button top. I have no experience with Akku

Xtar also uses a button top Panasonic cell.

panasonic cells are considered to be about the best there is

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry for my crazy question but I like to learn. If the protected 18650 batteries have different size than unprotected batteries how can they fit in the same flashlight? After this question I hope you don't kill me. ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
What is the colour of the new Panasonic 18650 batteries? Are they green?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry for my crazy question but I like to learn. If the protected 18650 batteries have different size than unprotected batteries how can they fit in the same flashlight? After this question I hope you don't kill me. ;) ;) ;)

The tube and cap are long enough for either, the spring in the tail compresses to maintain contact. It just compresses more with a longer battery.

Newest EagleTac batteries are white

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Always use protected cells. Lithium ion cells contain a LOT of energy, and, it IS possible for something to go wrong, either in use, or, during charging, etc. Its not worth the risk to use unprotected cells.

Granted, when used in a single celled light, they are a lot less of a risk...and, the name brand (NOT the -----Fire brands, etc...) cells don't really seem to blow up or catch fire enough to be a daily concern, its still a risk.

The spring can compress to absorb the added length of the protected cell, so, that's how a light can use different length cells.

The lights with TWO springs, one at either end, can of course accommodate MORE of a length change than a light with only a tail cap end spring, etc.

The Eagletac has ONE spring, in the tail, whereas the XT11 for example has TWO springs, at the head AND the tail.

BTW - If you DISABLE the thermal protection of the Eagletac...the stuff the protection was PROTECTING can now be fried.