Best neck lanyard for ARC AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. What is the best neck lanyard for the ARC AAA? This can be either a store bought unit or a custom one that is available to CPF members. Thanks.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I dropped by the nearby hiking/camping outfitter and picked out some attractive thin nylon cord and a very small black plastic cordlock. Thread the cord through the light's split ring, slide the cordlock on, and hold the cord ends together while you make an overhand knot. The finished assembly is attractive in an outdoorsy way.

I wear it around my neck with the cordlock either down near the split ring or up against the overhand knot. The lanyard can be worn on the wrist using the cordlock to prevent accidental loss. I have a shorter version of this lanyard that I use for my LS and AA pocket carry. There are lots of times, particuarly running and poking around above ceilings, when the wrist lanyard is essential.

The cord design I bought looks GREAT with the 2003 CPF AAA. So great that it can be worn outside of the shirt without attracting strange comments. Sort of like jewelry. The CPF AAA, as anyone who has one knows, is really more auburn or chestnut than red. The cord I found has mostly auburn strands highlighted with subtle purples and yellows.

External

Newly Enlightened
Try looking in a store that sells cell phones.
They usually have a wide collection of lanyards.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread may be of interest.

The lanyards being sold by tardis are good quality and very good value.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
I'm using the Arc AA as my neck lanyard light. I hooked the lanyard that came with my Surefire Spares carrier to it. It's grey with Black cord locks and a black clasp. Very nice. I modified it with the breakway feature that comes with the Streamlight Keymate lanyard.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
too big for the Arc AAA, the QR's that tardis has are great. I use one of those as well as a simple little black cord that's about 1/10th of an inch thick. I can hardly tell it's there.

The other option is the combat rock lanyards. You can get one with little skulls as cord locks. I will post the link in a minute...

Tone

Newly Enlightened
I bought some QR lanyards from tardis too. Great stuff with reasonable price (especially for international shipping).

avusblue

Enlightened
I like both tsg68's and tardis's lanyards for other purposes (both are very well made) although for my neck-carry Arc AAA I prefer a stainless steel chain that comes with those "medic-alert" necklaces at any drug store. Cheap, durable, comfortable, and they don't itch, get dirty or stay wet when you play, sweat, or shower.

For me, the other two lanyards are wonderful for things worn "outside the shirt" -- digital cameras, GPS, larger flashlights, etc. etc.

Just my $.02

Dave

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I make my own lanyards. Also-McGizmo makes some hi-tek Spectra lanyards the DatZip sells on the Sandwich Shoppe site. The McGizmo lanyards have the cool BP SS Mini Clip.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll have to second the recommendations for tsg's combat rock lanyards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Atomic6 said:
Also-McGizmo makes some hi-tek Spectra lanyards the DatZip sells on the Sandwich Shoppe site. The McGizmo lanyards have the cool BP SS Mini Clip.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are the McGizmo Spectra lanyards still being made?

chumley

Enlightened
I bought a couple of lanyards from REI for $1.00 each. They have colored nylon cords, with a steel clip and a swivel. They aren't very fancy, but they do the job. I found them next the whistles in the camp gear section.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I only have green cord for these now and I haven't had much time to pursue getting more black yet but hopefully soon. They are awfully comfortable though, evey morning I have to physically check to make sure I put on my AAA LE by feeling my chest or the back of my neck because I just can't tell by what it feels like around my neck anymore! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't wear ball chain, metal sensitivities give me contact dermatitis especially stainless, brass and nickle or chrome plated, odd since I've been an architectural metal worker for about eight years now! Been a woodworker about 20-21 years and certain species like walnut just drive me nuts too!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.