Ordered my first Fenix

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Well, I already have the Streamlight Strion LED and PolyTac Led, as well as a Pelican 7060 LAPD for bright lights. I needed to replace my lost ProTac 2L, and wanted to get away from using more CR123 batteries. People here have good reviews for the Fenix LD22, and the Utube vids looked like the light was decently bright for running off two NiMH AA batteries, so I decided to give it a try. Should be at my door on Friday. I can't wait. Thanks to those that gave me some input! I'll post how I like the lite when it arrives.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
The light arrived today! Actually came with two Tenergy alkaline batteries, but I put in fully charged NiMH batteries instead. All functions worked fine after I screwed the bezel assembly onto the tube the last half turn! At first I thought I got a defective light. I always put batts in through the tail cap, and checked to see if the bezel was tight after I checked proper battery voltage and insertion. I guess someone on the assembly line was taking a sip of coffee when my light went by. Low low mode looks nice! Can't wait for it to get dark.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
The light arrived today! Actually came with two Tenergy alkaline batteries, but I put in fully charged NiMH batteries instead. All functions worked fine after I screwed the bezel assembly onto the tube the last half turn! At first I thought I got a defective light. I always put batts in through the tail cap, and checked to see if the bezel was tight after I checked proper battery voltage and insertion. I guess someone on the assembly line was taking a sip of coffee when my light went by. Low low mode looks nice! Can't wait for it to get dark.

feel free to grab a box of random sized O-rings at your local hardware store, and slip them onto the outside of the light for some anti-slip grab points

...and get used to it, 'cause that light is gonna be with you for a long time :rock:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Hope you like it!

A lof of people here had a Fenix as their first light (I had a cheepie DX light, which might be modded again soon).

Welcome to the party :p

LightCrazy

Enlightened
I like the light so far. I thought the reflector would be a little larger in diameter. The LD22 puts out an amazing amout of light for a 2 AA flashlight. I have some Rayovac Premium NiMH batteries in the light now. I am trying to find a local store that sells the Eneloops.

jacksmith

Newly Enlightened
looking forward to your story with the Fenix LD22. mine treats me well !!