Flashlight Enthusiast
EYE10-TIC

I dont feel like supporting Niteye.
So what do you think about this Jetbeam lookalike? :shakehead

Last edited:

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Re: Niteye EYE10-TIC

The "waist" of the light suggests that there will be no 18350, right?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

Going Gear has these in stock now. As much as I don't like Niteye, I have to admit this is a nice design/concept.

^I'm also wondering if a 18350 cell would fit in there with the carbon fiber tube narrowing the body a bit.

Triac

Newly Enlightened

There is now a video overview of this light on YouTube. Title is, 'Niteye Eye10-TIC Titan Carbon', by jojoselected. Language is German but the images are universal.

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened

Surprised I missed this... Very nice looking light in some great materials, surprised there hasn't been more interest yet!

cyclesport

Enlightened

Only 300 lumens???

There's some conflicting dealer info re:voltage range of the driver floating around but if it's the same as the EYE 10, it's probably closer to +/-600 OTF with 18350 IMR's.

cyclesport

Enlightened
Aside from the Ti/CF bling factor, from the German videos, it seems that two things may be improved over the EYE 10...(1) At least more than one side of the control ring has Niteye's raised block knurling perhaps improving grip and (2) (I don't speak German) but it seems the ramping is smooth and linear and looks as though this version ditches the unnecessary detents of the Eye 10? Nice!

Triac

Newly Enlightened
Aside from the Ti/CF bling factor, from the German videos, it seems that two things may be improved over the EYE 10...(1) At least more than one side of the control ring has Niteye's raised block knurling perhaps improving grip and (2) (I don't speak German) but it seems the ramping is smooth and linear and looks as though this version ditches the unnecessary detents of the Eye 10? Nice!

The Niteye EYE10-TiC has three sections of block knurling around the control ring, but it is not raised. Some will prefer raised or perhaps continuous block knurling around the whole perimeter of the control ring, especially given the highly polished finish on this light.

Yes, smooth ramping up and down, no detents.

Other noted design difference is that it is longer than the JetBeam TC-R1. I don't have the original EYE10 but am guessing length is comparable to the TC-R1. The Niteye EYE10-TiC is just about as long as a Sunwayman V10R Ti. The slight increase in length allows near perfect clip fitment. Clip does not interfere with head unit when opening for a battery change. Also, the AW IMR 18350 fits perfectly.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I like my TC-R1 over the EYE10 for it's battery tube and smoother ramping, but if I could combine the two, the features I would take from the EYE10 would be to add in just a few detents, (maybe 4 or 5 total) and the OP reflector.
Can't stand the way the one-side only knurling feels, the existing detents are both too many and too deep and 'upgrading' to the carbon battery tube is little more than a gimmick, which may appeal to some, but not for me.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EYE10 TIC is a bit different from the aluminum model. It has no detents at all, and the grip on the control ring is distributed in sections around the ring.