I want one for work....

KD7EIR

Newly Enlightened
I wonder what will happen when the strobe fails to stop an assailant and someone gets seriously hurt?

Empire

Banned
I want one for work Too

Someone needs to: Take the cam/mic out, mod a high power supply to it, Remove the stroboscopic function and VIOLA

Empire

Banned
True, but that's ok if your country lets civilians carry mace or tasers - our country doesn't. Even not all police here can carry a taser, I don't think all carry mace ether (by choice)
Yes but all police can afford this? NO
So a knife or regular light is best

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes but all police can afford this? NO
So a knife or regular light is best
Your joking right? I have never seen a police officer draw a knife for self defense, a gun yes.

I think because this thing is a strobe light (glass and filament) and not an led its probably in the wrong part of the forum anyway I just put it here because this is where I hang out and strobes have never been use by there nature for flashlights - but IMO because it uses super high bursts of light very much like lightning that it will disoritate the human eye/brain more than any led could.

Empire

Banned
Your joking right? I have never seen a police officer draw a knife for self defense, a gun yes.

I think because this thing is a strobe light (glass and filament) and not an led its probably in the wrong part of the forum anyway I just put it here because this is where I hang out and strobes have never been use by there nature for flashlights - but IMO because it uses super high bursts of light very much like lightning that it will disoritate the human eye/brain more than any led could.
Haha, Did you read it? It IS an LED.

Jay611j

Enlightened

It says it uses LEDs, from their site... " The power of the flash comes from high-quality LEDs which are hidden by a clear lens." I can't imagine this being a very effective weapon, and a little unbelievable at 7,000 lumens for the civilian model and 10,000 for the police model.

Empire

Banned
It says it uses LEDs, from their site... " The power of the flash comes from high-quality LEDs which are hidden by a clear lens." I can't imagine this being a very effective weapon, and a little unbelievable at 7,000 lumens for the civilian model and 10,000 for the police model.
I'll bet that it is upwards of £700

Jay611j

Enlightened
I'll bet that it is upwards of £700
I don't doubt that one bit.

This part cracked me up, isn't this the normal color output of a cheap LED? :hahaha:"The strobe flash that is emitted is white and blue (patent
pending), a technology that we call "BlueZeus®"." This would be cool if it was some sort of new technology though.

Empire

Banned

This part cracked me up, isn't this the normal color output of a cheap LED? :hahaha:"The strobe flash that is emitted is white and blue (patent
pending), a technology that we call "BlueZeus®"." This would be cool if it was some sort of new technology though.
Maybe someone spilled some blue dye on a high CRI led?
:crackup:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm Ok I didn't read too much into it SORRY! I assumed wrong - so leds make it no different than an expensive torch.

BTW Empire thanks for shooting people down when they post something that they may like and might be interested in with smug comments, considering you have only joined this year it makes you kind of rude..... but I forgive your newbieness :)

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW Empire thanks for shooting people down when they post something that they may like and might be interested in with smug comments, considering you have only joined this year it makes you kind of rude..... but I forgive your newbieness :)
Empire is completely correct to mock this product because a "self-defense" strobe is pretty much a joke concept to begin with. It will provide a momentary distraction at best and at worst will give someone a false sense of security. You'd be much better off with one of those old 6 D-cell Maglites and just use it as a club. Now that's a self-defense flashlight.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened

I think I have an old BlueZeus® Surefire A2. :)

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the worst idea ever... You're better off being armed with a Surefire Pen and a bad attitude.

Empire

Banned
Hmmm Ok I didn't read too much into it SORRY! I assumed wrong - so leds make it no different than an expensive torch.

BTW Empire thanks for !!SHOOTING PEOPLE DOWN!! when they post something that they may like and might be interested in with smug comments, considering you have only joined this year it makes you kind of rude..... but I forgive your NEWBIENESS :)
I had lost the password/email to my old acct, I'm no newbie, Been collecting for many many years.
One, You called me a newbie so it appears we are even, Though I said " Did you read it?" which was a formal question, Was it not?