best high power XM-L based P60 module/drop-in for 2x Li-ions?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
first off, my setup for this P60 module I want:

- FM cooly head/bezel
- 9P body (will be bored to 18mm soon)
- extender

so I've got the capacity (no pun intended) for a higher powered P60 drop-in, but what do I get? vinhnguyen54 and nailbender's drop-ins don't really go that high with current on the high voltage drop-ins, so what choices am I left with?

do I have to get something custom?

here's what I want if I could have anything:
- 2 mode high/low (memory or not, no big deal) (or even single level if need be)
- 3.5 or more amps on high
- 4000-4500K tint
- Orange peel reflector

anyone know of such a drop-in that matches either nailbender's or vinhnguyen54's super high quality? I know Malkoff makes drop-ins for this voltage level but I want to push more current for more 'extreme' output! :)

thanks guys!

edit: this would be used with two 18650 cells. :D

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
update: found the Oveready "TORCHLAB H3 L/M/H TRIPLE - THREE LEVEL DROP IN (1400L)" for $165. is that basically my only good high output option? anything out there XM-L based?

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a custom Torch Lab 26650 light with the triple high cri LEDs. Wonderful light! Not throwy, floody. Reaches out with raw power, though. LMH

arvetus

Newly Enlightened
Um, I'd really like to know what you think of that Torchlab triple... I'm looking for something similar for my 9P. Nailbender makes a single XM-L, high voltage, 3-mode drop in that I would imagine would be in the neighborhood of 600-700 lumens depending on color.

I hate for the 9p body to go to waste with a single 18650 cell, <6vDC driver pushing 3.1A. Yeah, that's great for a single-cell light like the 6p, but I hate to waste the 9p body... Let me know what you think!! I don't want super-duper floody, but good light power with a nice hotspot would be good. The M61SHO is pretty ok, but still looking....

I'm definitely going Nailbender for my bored 6p when I get back to town....

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a custom Torch Lab 26650 light with the triple high cri LEDs. Wonderful light! Not throwy, floody. Reaches out with raw power, though. LMH
dude thats awesome! nice buy!
Um, I'd really like to know what you think of that Torchlab triple... I'm looking for something similar for my 9P. Nailbender makes a single XM-L, high voltage, 3-mode drop in that I would imagine would be in the neighborhood of 600-700 lumens depending on color.

I hate for the 9p body to go to waste with a single 18650 cell, <6vDC driver pushing 3.1A. Yeah, that's great for a single-cell light like the 6p, but I hate to waste the 9p body... Let me know what you think!! I don't want super-duper floody, but good light power with a nice hotspot would be good. The M61SHO is pretty ok, but still looking....

I'm definitely going Nailbender for my bored 6p when I get back to town....

exactly my thoughts :D

I hope I can acquire that Torchlab triple XP-G2 soon ;)

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the new M91A, it is driven a little harder than the older M91? Should be a 100 or more lumens brighter.

yeah, I just wish the Malkoffs pushed more current for more output.. :/

I'll go with Torchlab's then unless something else newer comes up! thanks!

cbdudley

Enlightened
Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight has their 700 lumen XM-L pills in either a single-mode or three mode variant and you can choose from cool white, warm white, or neutral warm white. They're run at 2.5A and my three-level CW was measured at 550 OTF lumens driven by two 18650s. I know, how can you compare 550 lumens to 1400? Well, you can't, really, but, since this is a single emitter it should have better throw.