Which is a better flashlight the Fenix LD12 R5 or EagelTac D25A

Newly Enlightened
Was planing on purchasing an Fenix LD12 during this years Black Friday sales events. I am familiar with the Fenix brand. I own a MC11. Good light. I just discovered the EagleTac brand. I understand the basic differences between the LD12 and the D25A. Just want to know about the quality and reliability comparison of the two brands. Is EagleTac as good as the Fenix brand ? Any one have a problem with either the LD12 or M25A ? Thanks to all that help with this question.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both Fenix and EagleTac are good brands and good quality. So you won't go wrong with either one. These 2 lights operate differently though. The LD12 is a tactical tail cap switch with a side mounted mode select switch. The D25A is a twisty or if you get the D25A clicky, the switch is a reverse click type (non tactical) and I think the modes are done by momentary clicking the on/off switch.
My preference would be the LD12. I prefer tactical switch and the side mounted mode switch. I only wish it came with an OP reflector.

bobfa

Newly Enlightened
I have an LD12 and while I have not used it all that much yet. I have a few comments. I like the side control for mode selection and the tail cap click for momentary light. I try to leave the light in low mode when I am done so that I do not kill my vision then next time I use the light. I use the light on evening walks and in the park the light reaches out on high over 100ft. On low the beam is ok for walking on the sidewalk and seeing where you are going. The light hotspot is a bit much for any more than low mode, for close in work. I have two EDC (Every Day Carry) lights the LD12 and the T1A titan. The T1A is very floody and makes a nice area light.

I am really amazed at what just around 100 lumens does for me. I am pretty sure that there is a review of the D25a2 over in the reviews section.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?338908

There is an LD12 review there also:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?335180-Fenix-LD12-Review