Surefire E1B....where is it?

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
I have one on order from Battery Junction. The order was placed several weeks ago, and the light was on back order. I was told last week that it should be in this week. However, I cannot seem to find it on Surefire's site. Is it possible that it has been discontinued due to the EB1? If this is the case is it likely that I will not be able to get this light now? Any disadvantages of owning a discontinued light....if so maybe I should wait and see what happens with the EB1 and order that light instead? Thanks

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been discontinued.

Some people like the E1B better (smaller size, more efficient regulation) while others prefer the EB1 (brighter initially).

Surefire will stand behind both so if you are ok with getting the older style, you will be fine.

There are a few threads on the board with lots of info on the new vs old.

You should also contact BJ - they will know better whether they have stock still coming in or whether they would swap you to the EB1.

Last edited:

Erzengel

Enlightened
I don't see any disadvantage of owning a discontinued light. There are reports where Surefire replaced broken discontinued lights with newer models because of their warranty. If BJ can't supply the E1b, You should check other retailers for remaining stock, CPFMP and ebay.
I'm happy that I got an E1b display piece for 80€ a few weeks ago (MSRP was 139€ :broke:).

archimedes

Flashaholic
Any disadvantages of owning a discontinued light....?

Actually, all of my favorite lights are discontinued ... SF A2/L1/C2, Malkoff M30/M60-MCE, HDS Ra-85-Tr, Muyshondt Ion, Delghi Iris, McGizmo Aleph, Peak ShastaX, JiL DD-TW0J, etc, etc .... :eek: