New member introduction and question

Tulgen

Newly Enlightened
Hello gents. I'm a fan of the reviews here and recently bought a light based on the community's favorable view of the Sunwayman V11R. I've had the light for three weeks (and have used it as an EDC) and the MCS ring is already very loose. In fact, there is no resistance at all. Do any of you have experience sending in your light to SWM for repair? If so, please share your experience. I'm wondering how long I can expect service to take.

Thanks in advance!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Contact the dealer first and see what they say. Mine's fairly loose too, but it hasn't bothered me.

How loose is it? Won't stay in place type loose?

:welcome:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ring in mine is still sufficiently hard to turn after one year, a loose ring can be annoying. I understand that the resistance to free turning is due to some grease put under the ring itself but because the place is not accessible I believe it is not a DIY operation. I would send it back to the dealer.

:welcome:

Tulgen

Newly Enlightened
I bought it from hkequipment and though it's only three weeks old, he told me I have to send it back to Sunwayman. Pre-purchase communication was great. Post-purchase not good at all. I've contacted Sunwayman and they're contacting hkequipment for me to sort things out.

Ring is very lose. The slightest touch adjusts the beam.

Thanks for your response!

Tulgen

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it's very annoying. Curious how the problem will be resolved.

Thank you for your response.