Looking for a Good Portable DVD Player

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I spend a bit of time on airplanes and was thinking about getting a portable DVD player. I have a DVD drive in my laptop, however it's too much of a hassle pulling out the laptop, powering it on and then not have enought room on the tray to place it. I also find that I only get an hour and a half or so power with my laptop battery running the DVD drive.

Any suggestions?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion is to try to look at them in person and see which one has the best battery life/options.

Secondary to that would be picture quality and then playback options (ie: resume play memory).

Something I learned that's important is that if it has a TV tuner in it, the tuner must shut off mechanically with a switch. Sometimes the airlines are finicky about TV tuners because of possible interference with avionics and radio.

Banshee

Enlightened
I have a Toshiba SD-p2000 that I use on my 2 hour round trip commute each day (on the local Commuter Rail)

Combined with a membership to Netflix, it has really made the rides much more bearable.

I plug the unit in when get to work and let it charge for the whole shift..so battery life has never been a problem. I did sprng for the higher capacity 2 1/2 hr battery though and the car adapter for long trips too

It also has progressive scan (one of the few portable that display and output PS)and has one of the largest LCD screens available. There are a few 10" screens made..but they are no where near as crisp or clean!

Here is a sample review:
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Toshiba_SD_P2000/4505-6473_16-8406341-2.html

Since this model is from the previous generation..you should be able to find them a reasonable prices as they are sold of to make room for the newest models