Surefire E1B problem on low mode.

Glock 22

Enlightened
I have a brand new Surefire E1B, and it has a slight problem. Once the battery is already drained down to where the light switches to the low mode, the beam starts a quivering motion, and it's not really a flickering motion. It's more like I stated above. The beam just looks like it's woobling. It's perfect on high, but it just bugs me on the low mode. I've owned several E1B and I don't recall any of them doing this. Should I send it back to Surefire or does other E1B users have the same problem?

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two E1B and they don´t do this.

I think you should send it to Surefire.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once the battery is already drained down to where the light switches to the low mode
If the batteries are so low that you only have low mode, flickering is normal...I would recommend replacing the batteries, rather than the light. ;)

Glock 22

Enlightened
I've ran several fresh Surefire CR123a's thru it and it still does it, so this is normal correct, and I don't need to send it back, all the other E1B that I've had never did this. I've got the EB1 but I've not had a chance to run it down yet, but I'll give it a test. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed this type of behavior on many lights with boost circuitry, so it shouldn't be defective.

To make sure we're on the same page, it only flickers when the battery is almost completely drained, correct?

Glock 22

Enlightened
I've noticed this type of behavior on many lights with boost circuitry, so it shouldn't be defective.

To make sure we're on the same page, it only flickers when the battery is almost completely drained, correct?

Yes you are correct we're on the same page.