New Sunwayman D20A

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody else seen this light?

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201310/142.html

Looks like a nice light to have handy, versatile and simple. May have to pick one up

Wow, looks amazing! I could take or leave the secondary being red, and definitely leave the sos/strobe & secondary 4/10/23 spacing, but love the form factor like a poor man's lupine mini max piko, but with 2xAA instead of proprietary integrated rechargeable pack, and a fraction of the price (& performance). Or much improved old energizer night strike, 3xAA, over under/red led rectangular box etc. is my perspective. & looks better than both.

5eh5b9.jpg

161hsaw.jpg

4tpkya.png

Crap. Really, this is just making me want a mini max again. How much, street, for the sunway man? I'm having trouble finding too much on them.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
2q155pv.jpg

:eek:

I think the sunway man might have been putting in some long hours on this one! I'm down!

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen a price yet. There is a thread in the marketplace on it but no price. Only improvement I see is a seperate button for the red led insead of it built into the same as the main led.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Very cool looking body shape, and the button covers look sturdier than the plastic cover on the D40A. Also the clip looks well designed, like you could clip it to a hat brim in a pinch... though not sure if 4+ ounces would present a problem for that use case.

Anyone seen a US$ price?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh this isn't the first version of it. I haven't been paying attention!

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is pretty heavy, so what is with the minimal step down from 258 to 208 lumens?

Swede74

Enlightened
With a cleverly designed mount it could serve as a front OR rear light for a bike.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe that's a fair price for all that's involved. I was being too hopeful, ~$50 to $60.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
The pricing is ~$85 USD.

That's more expensive than the D40A, with a quarter the output. [Edit: And not much lighter or smaller.]

I guess if you intend to use the red LED a lot, it's worth it. The more I think about it, the pistol shaped unibody seems like a bad idea where I live.

The Lupine light that Leon posted a pic of above looks more appealing.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one who is bothered by that coke nail being so long in that pic? LOL

UNIFORMITY.... RRRghhh we must... be ... uniform!

Yup it does seem pretty expensive just to be able to have that red 20 lumens of light.

kukkurovaca

Newly Enlightened
I like the form factor. Not sure about the UI.

Does anybody know if it will come in a neutral emitter option like the D40A?