Black Friday 2013 - What are you holding out for?

awyeah

Enlightened
With a month until Black Friday, what are you hoping to find a good deal on this holiday season?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Big price drops on video games, some of the ~$60 games fall to ~$35 that weekend. Always fun to see how cheap Blu-Ray players will be this year, too.

Gotta get down on friday!

iGmGf23BAKaG6.gif

weaver

Newly Enlightened
Nobody mentioned any flashlight?

I would be waiting for better prices on 47's QPA, or ET D25A, but maybe such are not to be expected in this context?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not making plans for buying much as money is tight this year, but I wouldn't mind some fresh stock of AA or AAA Rayovac batteries in the 48 or 60 packs for 6 for $1. I'll be on the lookout for any new surprises from Costco and Home Depot as they seem to bring out the decent lights this time of year. Last year I got some decent well made Defiant 3C 590 lumen Cree XM-L lights for $20 each. I'm staying away from the cheapo lights on clearance this time. Last year I bought some cheap rechargeable crank and USB charging lights for $2-$3 each which would have been a bargain if all their batteries weren't shot (and the l.e.d.s didn't stink). The 2 for $8-$10 packs of 3AAA Cree XB-D lights were actually good and are around 200 lumens on an 18500 cell. Hope this year they put an even better l.e.d. in those at that price. I'd like to see the 2100 charge 4th generation eneloops and the new 5000 charge eneloop lites show up in the Costco packs for around $20, but I might have to wait another year or two. If I had some more money, I'd love to get a decent 18650 light at least 800 lumens that recharges via USB (for solar charging) with a Cree XM-L2 and no proprietary battery if I could find one for around $50. I'm definitely staying away from Walmart and the clothing stores though. You couldn't pay me enough to subject myself to that madness. I stick to the hardware stores, Costco, and maybe Fry's Electronics if they have something I really want.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I wouldn't mind some fresh stock of AA or AAA Rayovac batteries in the 48 or 60 packs for 6 for $1.

Home Depot had the giant combo pack deal last year, but there was no sign on the hidden-in-the-corner display, so unless you came to the store specifically looking for the deal, you didn't get it..

El Camino

Newly Enlightened
I might get come mags for mods. There's also a grill I've had my eyes on for a while. Other than that I don't usually do the black Friday thing. I hate crowds.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might get come mags for mods. There's also a grill I've had my eyes on for a while. Other than that I don't usually do the black Friday thing. I hate crowds.

If you go to Lowes, it's usually the l.e.d. mags that are on sale for $15 or $16, not the easily modded incandescent ones.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Maybe a Sony Optiarc Plus to replace my DVD burner so I can properly make Xbox 360 XGD3 backups.
Don't really need it though because I am not interested in any games that won't work when truncated or overburned.

T45

Enlightened
I will be looking for any good deals on the Surefire P2X Fury. It's about the only one in the new line up I like.

pldmich

Newly Enlightened
I'm needing a bedroom tv to replace my 25" tube. Blu ray to go with it maybe.
Always seem to grab some tools at Loews or Home Depot.

pldmich

Newly Enlightened
That'll be one to watch, there's always some insane deals on TVs; I wager they'll do the bait-and-switch with a 4K model this year, offer one for ~$500 and then have only a few in stock..

Yeah, picked up my 50" plasma on black Friday a few years back.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Definitely going to pick up Grand Theft Auto 5, Batman Arkham Origins, and Assassins Creed 4 if they're on sale... If I see somewhere selling a Nitecore TM26 for a nice discount, I'm all over it also. :D

Chadder

Enlightened
I was in Lowe's yesterday and they have all the Christmas sales bins out. I saw several flashlights for sale. They had a bunch of different lights from Utilitech one was listed at 500 lumens. They also had quite a few cheap multi LED $1 lights. I also saw a coast 2aa 3 LED light. I was gonna look a little more but my kids were driving me nuts and would not listen so we left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took a look at Home Depot's offerings and I have to say that I really liked the Defiant 3 Cree XP-G2 3D 1000 lumen flashlight for $30. Hopefully I can get one this year. Nothing else really stood out. I saw the 2 pack of 3AAA Defiant 120 lumen XB-D flashlights that looked like a decent upgrade from last year's version (120 vs. 100 lumens, 5 hours vs. 3 hours), and a 2 pack of fairly bright 2AAA l.e.d. penlights for $5, but a 1000 lumen light would blow everything else I own away (except for my 35 watt H.I.D. spotlights). I might take a look at the other lights when they go on clearance.

makapuu

Enlightened
Looking to get a 7 inch Android tablet. Eyeing the ASUS HD7, but may not wait till Black Friday. Sams Club has them for $128.00 till the end of November. Not bad deal considering they just came out only recently, and MSRP'd for $149.00. The specs are similar to the first generation Nexus 7, but at a more bang for the buck price.