Armytek Pro Models - What Are Your Settings?

What are your favorite settings?

• Military

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Outdoor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

awyeah

Enlightened
I just received my new Armytek Viking Pro v2.5. Trying to figure out how I want to customize it, and I'd like some ideas. Have you customized yours, and if so, what are your settings?

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
(Some estimation of levels here since most were pulled off the ramping sequence)
Loose Head: .1 -> 1 lumen -> 5 lumen
Tight Head: 25 lumen -> 80 lumen -> 250 lumen -> Max (400+)

Semi regulation, mode memory on, 18650 mode.

Loose head with diffuser is generally my indoor configuration, tight head is usually my outdoor mode. I could probably condense my second line down to 3 modes but I like the way it's setup right now. I like having the mode memory because even with many modes to pick from, you can just treat the light as a single mode light with momentary ability. The UI is excellent and easy to explain to a new user as well. Sure the programming requires some learning, but general use is very reasonable.

Last edited:

awyeah

Enlightened
I was thinking about a very similar configuration. The difference is that I wanted to start high with the head tight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Predator Pro but the advanced manual wasn't included in the package(neither with the Barracuda) and I have not had enough energy to seek for it. I have seen it somewhere in some thread at this forum. Maybe I will try later. The fabric setting of my Predator is on STEP and the brightness drops down ~20% after around 15min with an 18650. That's a very slight difference for the eye and increases the runtime so I find it not very important to change it to FULL.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Predator Pro but the advanced manual wasn't included in the package(neither with the Barracuda) and I have not had enough energy to seek for it. I have seen it somewhere in some thread at this forum. Maybe I will try later. The fabric setting of my Predator is on STEP and the brightness drops down ~20% after around 15min with an 18650. That's a very slight difference for the eye and increases the runtime so I find it not very important to change it to FULL.
PM me with your email. I can send you the crib sheet done by subwoofer. Thanks to him. Without that there is no way I could program my Predator Pro.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about a very similar configuration. The difference is that I wanted to start high with the head tight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you put mode memory on it really doesn't matter which mode you put first in the line.

wjv

Enlightened
Tim Higgins AKA: CPF's Officer Sheepdog has some very good videos on YouTube showing how to program the Armyteks.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you pjandyho(and subwoofer) for the help with the advanced manual. At first I thought this would be too complicated but after a while reflection and exercise I GOT it! Actually I now don't find it as very complicated at all! :thumbsup:
Also thanks wjv for the tip of the Youtube video, I saw these too.

It didn't take long time until I really LOVE the possibility to create my own modes and I have removed strobe. The lightmeter is a good help to know the brightnesses if one wants to make one's owns modes(just to calculate by the percentual value compared to max brightness).

However, one thing I have noticed (and I have tried it a few times) is that even FULL setting actually has an instant step down to around 80% of initial before the cut off. Earlier I wanted full output until it's dead but that isn't the case neither with the setting at FULL. I find that the max brightness is available a pretty short time so I will try to adjust down the highest output to ~80% level(~400lm). That will increase the runtime while the brightness difference is barely noticable. Anyway I will have a lot of fun with this light and likely experiment more with modes...

By the way: the lowest firefly mode is really superlow. I have compared it to the 0,2lm mode of my Quark 123 and it's several times dimmer than the Quark. It's so dim I can hold the light directly close to the eye and look into the beam without any discomfort.

Last edited: