Who do many sellers prefer their paypal payment in $USD even...

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello,.:confused:..I have noticed when I buy on "cpf market place" , many sellers, if they are in Europe even, prefer payment in $USD.
is that right?.

why is that?.
personal reason?, is the rate of exchange better?.

for example this...http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...Sold-Fenix-EO1-Nichia-led-ARC-AAA-with-UV-led
i sent the payment in $USD even though the seller in in the Netherlands, I guess.

Colour tags deleted, white text was near impossible to read - Norm

:paypal:

kind thanks. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't claim to be an expert, but I have lived outside the USA. It is common for businesses outside the USA to have USD bank accounts. The USD is a relatively stable currency, and often used outside the USA, particularly if you have suppliers that either are in the USA, or want to be paid in USD. The reality is just about everyone knows what the USD to local currency exchange rate is. However if you ask me what the ZAR (South African Rand) to Euro exchange rate is, I haven't a clue. IF you have expenses in USD, then you can avoid fees and exchange rate fluctuations by trading in USD.

So most likely there are three forces at work. The easily negotiated USD, the near universal knowledge of USD value, and avoidance of exchange rate shifts, and fees. Remember PayPal takes both a cut of the transaction, and charges a commission on the exchange rate.