Xtar B20 / Flashlight Autopspy / Never seen a gutted flashlight? Look here!

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Well I have been trying to mod a light but I did not have to tools needed and ended up screwing up the body of the light, so I decoded to scavange it for parts / spares.Lesson learned don't try to remove Knurling without a belt sander / lath, Bench Grinding stoneS are NOT for aluminium, files take to Kong and dremels just ruin everything. Haha oh well it was only a cheap light.I'll keep the lens / driver / siwtch boot / led / reflector / bezel / and Orings but the actually host is only good for the bin.But seeing as I took it apart here is what it looks like, including a photo of the driver Xtar uses in this torch.ENJOY!
IMAG0166_zps669d4d62.jpg
IMAG0167_zpsfdb9fe31.jpg
IMAG0169_zps564eb167.jpg
IMAG0170_zpsc10fca1a.jpg
IMAG0171_zps547956f0.jpg

p,s the white stuff on the LED is thermal paste like you put on a CPU! I never knew they used that in a flashlight!!!Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Not dirt cheap no, but it aint no fenix or surefire price wise haha.

Its a great light for sport, good runtime, not the best regulation but good enugh, get a solid 2-3 hours on medium, turbo steps down after five mins, I have another one, that I WONT be attempting to remove the knurling on haha, its just silver at the moment waiting for polish.

Its a floody beam but still gets some distance, great as a headlamp for cycling but for bars I prefere something more floody, its no thrower though! Overall for the price I think it was very good, the ano was very very strong and well done, not a scratch or chip untill I went at it!

You might want to look at this reviwe, for the price is totaly worth it and IMO much better than something of of fasttech or DX ect, its just that bit better but its not surefire quality (If what I read about them is true anyways, personly I think there overpirced but YMMV)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?367200-XTAR-B20-Pilot-1x18650-Review