New Zebralight SC52 L2

gkbain

Newly Enlightened
Got my SC52 L2 from Zebralight 2-3 weeks ago. My first Zebralight. The UI took me a while to get use to but now I really like it. It is tiny, bright, and quality beam makes it my current favorite grab and go light. A minute at 500+ lm from a 14500 is a lot of light from such a small package. After stepping down to 300 lm it is still plenty of light for most situations. Mine is the cw but can see how a nw would be better for certain conditions. Works well on Eneloops to. So far no issues other than explaining to my wife while I needed another flashlight.

Nightflash

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on Your Zebralight. Nice to read that it´s Your current favourite grab and go light. Just ordered one last WE with the neutral white after some hesitation with the price but got convinced it´s the right one. Good to have yet another confirmation.

fridgemagnet

Newly Enlightened
It's pure magic.
As you can guess, I like mine a lot.
The only improvement I would like is an extension tube, like the Olight S15 comes with, for longer runtimes.

Nightflash - is that a Steven Erikson type Dothraki sea?

Last edited:

UnderPar

Enlightened
Will also order the SC52 L2 soon as the supplier posts its availability. I just had my SC600 MKII L2 two weeks ago and I really liked it. For sure this SC52 L2 will have the same UI in a smaller package & lower power. Its Zebralight!

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the button mushy or have a definite click action like the old SC52?

I bought the updated Zebralight SC600 MKII XM-L2 recently and I hate the mushy soft button that has very little clicky action.

CHEERS

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a personal preference issue. The SC52w-L2 is definitely a lot softer than the old hard-click buttons they used on the previous generation. Personally, I prefer the hard buttons, but the new softer ones aren't bad. It's more tricky to double-click with the soft buttons, but OTOH press-and-hold for low is easier.

When I measured the difference in force needed to activate the buttons, the new soft-press takes half as much force as the older hard-press.

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
I agree with WalkintoTheLight. My SC52 L2 has a much softer (mushier) button than the previous gen lights. I much prefer the older button. Double clicking seems like a hit or miss for me. Perhaps I need time to get used to it.