Mounting an A2 Aviator

M.Link

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody seen an A2 Aviator mounted to a rail system on a rifle? I think the A2 would be perfect, since you could use the red LEDs as "navigation" lights, like the Surefire vertical grips have. A Google search didn't help me any.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody seen an A2 Aviator mounted to a rail system on a rifle? I think the A2 would be perfect, since you could use the red LEDs as "navigation" lights, like the Surefire vertical grips have. A Google search didn't help me any.

Sorry nothing to add but, thanks for the laugh with your thread title. I thought we were gonna have to set you up with a GF/BF for a second:crackup:

Email/call Surefire, they should be happy to help:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am pretty confident that just about any adjustable E Series picatinny mount would work fine. When I type adjustable, I mean the kind that tighten around the light as you secure it to the rail. Search Vltor Scout mnt E series

That should be what you are looking for. Not knowing what weapon or other accessories you have, I would also suggest you investigate one of the off set mounts. That helps free up the top of your rail if you only have a top mounting rail.

carrot

Flashaholic
The A2 Aviator, being an incandescent light WITHOUT a shock-mount system, is not considered by Surefire to be appropriate for weapon-mounting. You also may damage the filament in the bulb, as the A2 runs it hotter than most incans did.

The L1, A2, and L2 all had the same body dimension, which is to say they were all a bit wider than the E-series.