Package delivered to the wrong house

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Last week I ordered some goodies from here, and the seller is an awesome seller and sent me a photo of the package prior to shipment and sent me a tracking number. I have been tracking it since it left there location, and it was not supposed to be delivered till Tuesday (yesterday). Monday afternoon rolls around and my wife calls me and informs me no packages today, and i am like that's weird because the expected delivery changed to Monday. I get home later that night on Monday and the tracking says it was delivered. Well my wife was home to fetch the mail and nothing is here. I was also informed the mailman will be on out Tuesday. So yesterday i stayed home to wait for the mail and do other errands and a sub delivered the mail and there was no packages. I quickly asked the sub who do i contact about packages being delivered to the wrong address and he quickly said call his supervisor and started to walk away as if he didn't want to talk to me. I said there is no phone number or email addy to contact online can i have his number? & he said i cant give it to you and walked away. ( IMHO he was pretty rude and short with me, must not like his job). SO i go down to the post office and was helped twice by two ladies who went in the back for no more than 20 seconds to find the package. (this post office is as big as your local home depot,lowes, menards etc). I was told to fill in this blue card with my name address, telephone and what the problem was. I asked what happens now after filling out the paper which didn't seem very...how do i put this professional. It wasn't a government claim form or such. I was told i would be contact soon if not by Thursday to come back in in the morning(yay another day of work to miss). after that I asked her if the post master is the one who should be dealing with lost or mis-delivered items and she said well its like a chain and you have to deal with me first and laughed. My postman should be back in today which I am home to have a chat and possibly see if he remembers delivering this particular package on Monday. It's only $40s worth of stuff but really I want the stuff I can careless about the $ at this point. This is stressful and i have my fingers crossed this gets fixed and i am not at a loss here and this never ever happens again. My reg postman never miss delivers or leaves mail or items that do not go here he knows our whole family etc pretty much a friend.
Wel
l that's it for now...:fail:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
USPS® Customer Service Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

FIGHT BACK!
https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm

People who need to be reported will not help you to report them. They will obstruct you.

USPS® Customer Service Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

Monday afternoon rolls around and my wife calls me and informs me no packages today, and i am like that's weird because the expected delivery changed to Monday. I get home later that night on Monday and the tracking says it was delivered. Well my wife was home to fetch the mail and nothing is here. I was also informed the mailman will be on out Tuesday. So yesterday i stayed home to wait for the mail and do other errands and a sub delivered the mail and there was no packages. I quickly asked the sub who do i contact about packages being delivered to the wrong address and he quickly said call his supervisor and started to walk away as if he didn't want to talk to me. I said there is no phone number or email addy to contact online can i have his number? & he said i cant give it to you and walked away. ( IMHO he was pretty rude and short with me, must not like his job).

REPORT HIM. Failure to even fill out a "delivery attempt notification" and put it in your mailbox. You have a witness at the house who was not contacted, no delivery attempt. Report him for being rude and not providing you with contact information. That's three strikes. Carrier didn't even show up when package was supposed to be delivered.
https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm

SO i go down to the post office and was helped twice by two ladies who went in the back for no more than 20 seconds to find the package. (this post office is as big as your local home depot,lowes, menards etc). I was told to fill in this blue card with my name address, telephone and what the problem was. I asked what happens now after filling out the paper which didn't seem very...how do i put this professional. It wasn't a government claim form or such. I was told i would be contact soon if not by Thursday to come back in in the morning(yay another day of work to miss). after that I asked her if the post master is the one who should be dealing with lost or mis-delivered items and she said well its like a chain and you have to deal with me first and laughed.

NO. Report her. She's lying, trying to cover for someone. This is starting to smell like fraud, but maybe not. Report it anyway. You can absolutely speak directly to your local postmaster, I do it all the time. You don't have to do it in person and miss work, you can do it over the phone. I spoke with a whip-cracking postmaster in New Jersey the other day and she fired someone. Guy didn't even try to deliver, didn't even try to fill out a delivery attempt notice. https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm

For all we know, she is in on mail stealing or delivery to the garbage can (for what they don't want to keep.) People get busted for this all the time and receive jail sentences.

If you are the sender, you can absolutely speak to the Postmaster at the distant end.

Dirtbag postal workers will not help you report them, they will obstruct you. Report them for that, too.

My postman should be back in today which I am home to have a chat and possibly see if he remembers delivering this particular package on Monday. It's only $40s worth of stuff but really I want the stuff I can careless about the $ at this point. This is stressful and i have my fingers crossed this gets fixed and i am not at a loss here and this never ever happens again. My reg postman never miss delivers or leaves mail or items that do not go here he knows our whole family etc pretty much a friend.

While you're reporting people, mention how that guy gave good service. REPORT HIM FOR GOODNESS! :)

General tip on reporting people to Postmasters: Write down the names, positions, and locations of EVERYONE you have talked to, are talking to, and will talk to and what they said. Consider recording the conversations.

If you think your Postmaster needs to be reported, you can start at the top and do this very thing. Don't just take it, report them!

REPORT REPORT REPORT! It's what I do. Makes me feel a whole lot better, too. Note that you have zero obligation to tell them that you're going to report them.

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USPS® Customer Service Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

...in fact, most postal workers are going to have be pretty darn invisible NOT to be reported by me. I will even report them for doing a good job.

This concludes my Postal Report. (for now.) :)

If you feel that the above post needs to be reported, feel free. Report for excellence. :laughing:

Report, report, report, or it will keep happening guaranteed.

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened

...in fact, most postal workers are going to have be pretty darn invisible NOT to be reported by me. I will even report them for doing a good job.

This concludes my Postal Report. (for now.) :)

If you feel that the above post needs to be reported, feel free. Report for excellence. :laughing:

Report, report, report, or it will keep happening guaranteed.

ok i did report it. MAN this is some BS. i cpoied what i wrote into the complaint box and asked that they call me so i can explain it all. DAMN i even have a photo of the package i mean its not like this is a mystery or i am scamming anyone here.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like you have all the ammo you need to begin an investigation to drop the hammer.

You can also sign up to work with the USPS and receive covert test mail to sting the soon-to-be-jailed dirtbags when it doesn't show up.

It starts with a phone call. Also, there is a $50 baseline insurance on most packages depending on how it was sent. While you're reporting people, ask the Postmaster about that.

Knowledge = ammunition. Gook luck, Mr. N. Nail those suckers!

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you got your stuff. :)

When you ring up the friendly neighborhood Postmaster, this is what tends to happen. Heads roll in the background.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have nothing to add here, except to say that yes, the USPS sucks.

Glad you finally got your package!

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had ordered small package from china years ago, they supplied me with tracking, it tracked to my local PO, i waited 1 week, no one brought anything, so i went in and showed the tracking to guys inside, they went to look for it, did not find it, told me to call a number to report lost package, i did call, a female picked up, listened to me, took the tracking, info...., and said she will put a claim thru, i do not know what she did, buit next day they found and brought the package to me. i guess once in a while they need a "push" from their supervisor, to get back on track. lol