Maglite Solitaire LED and Eneloops

ShivaYash

Newly Enlightened
Hello chaps

Any idea why my LED light doesn't like Eneloops?

I had to replace a trim panel in my car today and went to the garage without a proper light, other than the on my car keys. It kept flicking on and off at the slightest touch and was bloody annoying. I got back inside post the replacement job and it was doing the same thing. I have a few others and they too didn't like Eneloops. So I inserted a Duracell and hey presto, all is well again.

Any ideas? I should add this thread is not open season to slag off maglite, I just want an answer of a technical nature. I have two Fenix AAAs and agree they are great lights, the E05 SS is my baby and I'm seldom without it, other then when I really needed it today. The E99Ti is disappointing, in terms of gritty thread feeling.

Night night.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
I just picked up one of these recently, and it has been fine running on Tenergy Centura AAAs. I just tried an eneloop and it also worked fine. Dropped it on the desk a few times and no flickering or any kind of weirdness. :shrug:

I really like mine. I put a slightly larger o-ring on and some nyogel for better feel, and a piece of computer paper to control the battery rattle.