Arc4+ Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

HesNot

Enlightened
Now that they're shipping, a few have reported receiving their flashlights already. For those of us still in the queue, who has theirs (and whaddya think)?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it pretty good so far. Its small, extremely sturdy and has the best beam ive seen from a light this small. My only gripe is the loose pocket clip, need to figure a way to get some tension in there.

HesNot

Enlightened
I know Peter has his hands full right now but that clip issue is somewhat surprising given Arc's typical quality control, maybe he'll weigh in on one of the threads....

fuelblender

Enlightened
The business end of my clip was about 3/16" above the knurled surface on the light. VERY CAREFULLY I bent the radius of the clip that is DIRECTLY above where the light would be separated to install a battery. Good luck.

By the way, I own light #0017.

Mahasamatman

Newly Enlightened
I received number 0079. Fine light, and worth the money. I've spent more time fondling/playing with it than seriously it using so far. Of course, this is usually true for me, anyway, with new lights, pens, knives, etc. A guy thing? I think it fits better in the original green belt pouch than in the newer blue one (more secure due to better velcro overlap). I put in the two screws and left off the clip. Very nice white light. Easy to switch between primary and secondary. The three click dim setting is very dim - I had to look at it to be sure it was on. Full power is bright!

I've mastered the brightness menu enough to adjust the brightness, with the help of Peter's advanced instructions and the two nice simulators. Beautiful pieces of work - very helpful! I recommend a little playing with them. I found it helpful to have them "up" while making adjustments.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overall it is nice and I love it's functions but I am not real happy with the color I just sold an LSH-S with better color than my L4+.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
HesNot said:
I know Peter has his hands full right now but that clip issue is somewhat surprising given Arc's typical quality control, maybe he'll weigh in on one of the threads....

[/ QUOTE ]
Some folks will want them tight, and some will want them loose. This is one of those items where personal preference makes a big showing. Best advice is to hold it up to the light and see how it fits. I believe most of them will come "loose." If you want it tighter, bend it before putting it on the light. It would probably be safest to add a extra bend in the outside straight part to adjust it how you want. But if you don't like the idea of another bend, just give the U-turn portion a gentle squeeze with some soft-jawed pliers (or regular pliers over a scrap of leather). Go in very small steps so you don't over-shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.