Where would one post a list of stolen flashlights?

nbjly

Enlightened
House robbed yesterday, 15 lights taken. It would be great if there was a place to post a list?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely.. if you by any chance had pictures of them that happened to have serial numbers it would make it even better. I scroll Ebay at least 5 or 6 times a day looking for new listings of rare lights I want to snag.. it would be easy to keep an eye out there for things the person who robbed you might be trying to sell off.

Hopefully the thief wasn't a flashaholic.

**Note to self: Add my multi thousand dollar collection to my insurance and take pictures of serial numbers.

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
I'm sorry to hear this too. Like Search said, if you have the serial numbers, there can be ALOT of eyes looking out on eBay.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, type of lights and where they might be shipping from might help others.
Sorry for the darkness that fell upon you.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't something similar happen on cpf to a member a while back? Mid divorce and wife's boyfriend took his lights and other stuff? Can't look right now for link. Some cpf members were able to help him reacquire some of his lights. Rare surefires if I remember correct.

Post a list here id say, as well as give to police. Watch ebay, craigslist and pawnshops. Hope you have pics w numbers. Don't think I'd post the numbers though.

markr6

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that. I assume you made a police report? Maybe the scumbag will get caught and merchandise can be returned to the owners if this is a habit for him or her.

And I know it's not a time to make jokes but all I can think of is "wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck though...or the Creedence" (anyone? :laughing:)

nbjly

Enlightened
Alrighty - Thanks!

All these lights are black -

Milky Spit Sarge - Surefire D3 with KL3/MCE head, Z49
Surefire D2 - Had a Smoothie bezel, 3 level Malkoff and Z59,
Surefire 6P - Moddoo XPG triple, Z49
Surefire Kroma MilSpec(2 of these, one is marked U2 Ultra),
Surefire C2
FiveMega 1x18650 body with a Silva XM-L mule and Z59
EagleTac D25A XP-G2 S2,
Imalent SA04
NiWalker MM15

HA or other finish:
Megalennium, 2 of these, one was a one-of-a-kind that was machined differently on the outside; one had a TacStar head, the other a Lumens factroy head
Custom short D size Maglite woodland camo finish, FiveMega tailstand tail switch,blackened stainless steel bezel ring, very heavy, it has a one pound copper heatsink - it took 3 years to finish this light.
Fenix T1 in mint condition
Solarforce L2X with an Oveready Nichia 219 Triple
Klarus MiX7
Preon P0

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, either they have no clue what they got, or they are having one heck of a flashlight party tonight. File police report for sure. Then, in addition to eBay & Craigslist, check area pawn shops.

You didn't utilize this by chance?
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?383660-Google-Map-for-Candlepowerforum-Members

:sssh:

I have detailed photos of all my lights & serial numbers. Actually, most of them sit in a safe when not in use. That is really to keep the kids from playing with them. Not to mention, the wife accidentally loaning a flame thrower to the neighbor.

I feel for you, Good luck.

scout24

Flashaholic
So sorry to hear! As said, please let us know your general locale, so we can look for items for sale shipping from there...

nbjly

Enlightened
I'm in North West Georgia. I'm looking for pics, but they took every computer and drive they could find to get security recordings. I never really took many pics of lights I kept, lots of pics of lights for sale though.

Thanks Everyone!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wow. That was a pretty hefty hit. They sound experienced. One of the reasons I keep my video camera system very well hidden. And the guy that set it up has the feed back up automatically to a cloud server. He said the first thing they do is steel the DVR. So, I set up a dummy DVR under a monitor.

plaguem

Enlightened
Oh man. My heart sank when I read this. I'm so sorry.. It seems like some of the things taken were part of your recent sale. It sickens me to think that some of your lights may be used to carry out more robberies.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
njbly,
I am so sorry that this happened to you. It is a timely reminder to me to take some pictures and record some serial numbers, now.

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Just found a Kroma Mil Spec on eBay shipping from Ringgold, Georgia. Sellers name is royalmarc
They put up a lot of clear pictures.....

edit: thought I should add....I have no reason to believe that this is the culprit.

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finished creating a Word document last night listing the serial numbers of all of my lights that have them. There will be a hard print copy in the safe in case anyone ever steals my computer. I should probably take some pictures of my Fivemega-bodied legos, also. This thread was a very timely reminder of the need to do that, and I'm sorry that it was at a fellow flashoholic's expense...

Nicrod

Flashaholic
:sigh: I'm so sad to read this:mecry: My Sincerest Condolences to you. I'm so sorry you have to deal
with such a tragedy. I sympathize with you

This is one of my biggest fears, someone taking my lights.
Can I ask how the lights were stored? On a table, or shelf? And how did these thief's gain entry?

Thank you