*New* Thrunite Ti5 Single AAA clicky

Prepped

Enlightened
So I just did a little snooping on Thrunite's website and came across this...

ti5.png

Specs on the Thrunite website

The Ti5 is a very compact and lightweight "penlight" style LED flashlight, which is small but bright (give output up to 120 lumens just using a single AAA battery), simple but functional (fouroutput modes for choice: Firefly, Low, High and Strobe). The perfect combination design of tail switch and twist switch gives the Ti5 three operation methods for easy and quick to access your desired output.
Features
- Always have the light you need when you need it, with this "penlight" style Ti5 LED flashlight—great for a variety of applications from daily life, specific work fields, outdoor activities to emergency use.
- The hard anodized aircraft-grade aluminum body is easy on the skin, feels good in the hand, and looks fashionable to carry.
- Adopts an advanced CREE XP-G2 R5 LED to give max output up to 120 lumens with a max regulated runtime for 120 hours.
- Silent Momentary-on "forward clicky" tactical tail switch for signaling or brief lighting.
- Due to thoughtful design, the Ti5 always starts in Firefly mode—ideal for tasks like dentists, using it as an endoscope.
- Outstanding construction gives the Ti5 the durability to meet the IPX-8 waterproof standard.
- With a non-detachable stainless steel pocket clip, you can securely attach the Ti5 to the belt, pocket or anywhere you want for easy access and carry.
Specifications
- LED: CREE XP-G2 R5 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
- Output & Runtime (Tested with 1*Ni-MH/900mAh): Firefly (0.2 lumens /120 hours), Low (11 lumens /6.5 hours), High (120 lumens /30 minutes), Strobe (120 lumens /1 hour).
- Neutral White output will be 15% less than Cool White.
- Working voltage: DC 0.9V-3 V.
- Battery: 1 x AAA battery (not included).
- Peak Beam Intensity: 660 cd.
- Beam Distance: 51 meters.
- Waterproof: IPX-8 (2M).
- Impact Resistance: 1.5M.
- Material: Aircraft grade aluminum alloy body structure with premium type III hard anodized anti-abrasive finish.
- Reflector: Orange peel reflector gives perfect flood.
- Weight: 20g (without battery).
- Dimension: 90mm(length)*14mm(head diameter).
- Working temperature: -40℃ to 40℃.
- Accessories: 2 x Spare O-ring.
Beam Distance54 meters
Max Lumens300 lumens
WaterproofIPX-8
Runtime137 hours
Impact Resistance1.5 m

Looks interesting!

Although, I am a little confused as to why the Max Lumens are listed as both 120, and then 300 further down the page.
Probably one of Thrunite's common typos.

Prepped

Enlightened
I recently picked up a Ti4, and I have mixed feelings about it. Personally, I find the output levels to be very good, but it has a nasty habit of activating in my pocket when I am carrying it. I also like that it starts on low.

markr6

Flashaholic
Ahhh someone please KILL the STROBE once and for all :xyxgun:

Still looks pretty nice. UI is a little different but may be OK. That 10sec reset though, I dunno

Prepped

Enlightened
The ten second memory function on the Ti4 is actually rather annoying, IMO. I wish it would just revert to low mode again, as it's more predictable and easier to work with.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
No reversible clip !! that's sad for an edc atleast a magnet could have been incorporated.
I don't see any improvement in runtimes either and more modes are always welcome in any format.I think the design is also so ordinary .Eventhough welcomes the clicky switch.But what's the point of having momentary without memory.Also if this can tailstand or not??.
Anyways from the picture I think if the tailcap can be unscrewed the clip can be detatched and could be installed between the head and barrell(may be it requires to remove some anodization at head end).
Altogether it is a failed attempt to upgrade a more useful ti3.imo!

Also since prices are also hiked I expected something useful upgrades!

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's just a tweaked preon

have a look at their website and you might even find some olight batons in there. not to mention the tweaked acebeams that have been their mainstay for quite some time now

Prepped

Enlightened
I literally just broke the pocket clip on my Ti4. Went for a bike ride, got home and it had bent out of shape, and I can't get it back into shape and back onto the tailcap. This Ti5 looks to share the same pocket clip. What a shame.

insanefred

Enlightened
"strobe" :shakehead

Depends on the UI though, if it is too easy to activate, it will make a terrible light for me.

Prepped

Enlightened
For anybody that cares, I was able to fix the pocket clip on my Ti4 when I realized I had to remove the o-ring first, but I'm still a little disappointed it became so misshapen so easily. It's not my favourite pocket clip design, so I'm a little sketched out seeing it on the Ti5

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Is it just me or is this basically a Ti3 with a clicky, slightly longer size, and better clip?

Prepped

Enlightened
I think they took the Ti4 platform and shrunk that down, to be honest.

torchflux

Newly Enlightened
(yes, appears to be a 1×AAA Ti4)

if anyone has general EDC observations or a brief review of the Ti5, would be appreciated.

seems like a possible option for those who seek a non-twisty 1×AAA keychain size light

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
Output with NiMH & 10440 seem identical to Ti3 ..no split ring attachments point...can be used as a twisty ..