ThruNite Mini TN30 Being Discontinued/Replaced?

DannyBoy2k

Newly Enlightened
I just recently became interested in getting a bigger light, more for the fun and wow factor than for any serious need. I had kind of settled on the ThruNite Mini TN30 for a mix of throw and flood, but, when I went to try and purchase one, I found they are out of stock on Amazon and only a few are available from other sellers. Also, the Mini TN30 no longer appears on the ThruNite website. Does anyone know if this model is being discontinued or replaced with something like a Mini TN30 UT like they did for the TN36?

I just sent an email to ThruNite to see if they have an official response, but thought I would hit up the forum to see if there has already been news on this. A quick search didn't reveal anything.

Thanks,
Dan

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
I just checked Amazon and they are in stock.Typed in ThruNite Mini TN30 and the first listing showed one for sale.Take another look.

DannyBoy2k

Newly Enlightened
Indeed, I do see the NW for sale by a third party seller, but not Amazon directly. Some for the combination charger, battery, and flashlight packages. Nothing for sale directly from Amazon, though. Really, it's the fact the model is completely missing from ThruNite's website that has me wondering. Would rather hold off for the next gen model if it's soon to be released. However, if they are discontinuing it all together, I'd rather get one now.

Hoping to hear back from ThruNite this coming week.

~Dan

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
Sorry Danny,I failed to see you mentioned other sellers having it.I order most of my flashlights and batteries from Amazon and 95% come from of fulfilled by Amazon.Much safer and less trouble if you need to return an item.Good luck on your search.

DannyBoy2k

Newly Enlightened
ThruNite replied last night and confirmed they are discontinuing the Mini TN30. Body of message:

Thanks for the contact!

We will stop produce the Mini TN30 in the coming future.

And We think it's not so safe to buy it from the Third party,
as they can't offer you the replacement service.

and also, we already have the new TN36 edition, named TN36 UT.
<removed Amazon link>

Thanks for the great support to us!

So, there you have it, I guess. Seems like they are leaving a hole in their lineup if they discontinue the Mini TN30 and don't fill it with another thrower/flood combination light. From the reviews I've read/seen, the TN36 UT seems more of a flood light with not as much throw.

Can anyone recommend a light comparable light to the Mini TN30? I'm probably wrong, but it seemed like a leader in the class it was in as a throw/flood hybrid.

~Dan