EBay find! Surefire G2 (tan) and weapon mount.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Won this auction for 25.00 and some change. Light is mint and came with 2 batteries. Love the beam on this incan. I had been searching for a not so bright weapon light for my self defense rifle. I don't enjoy waking up and blinding myself and really don't understand why people want 20000 lumen blinding ray of death lights on their weapons. :shrug: Anyway, to each his own and if anyone knows where I can find a pressure switch for it let me know.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice find.

Incan bulbs don't tolerate recoil well. A shock isolation bezel should help in this regard.

I don't recall trying an XM07 on a G2, but my guess is that it will fit and operate fine.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks very much, I was going to ask how it would handle recoil and forgot all about it... it's going on an ar-15 so the recoil will be minimal anyway.
That's a nice find.

Incan bulbs don't tolerate recoil well. A shock isolation bezel should help in this regard.

I don't recall trying an XM07 on a G2, but my guess is that it will fit and operate fine.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light recoil of the 5.56 would help, but I'm not sure if it would eliminate the problem entirely (doubtful).

Feel free to run a few mags with it in the standard bezel, and report the results. My mounted 6Ps all have Malkoff M61s. An M61L or LL, in your choice of tint, will significantly reduce the self blinding. They have brighter spill than the P60, so won't illuminate a room in the same manner.

Also, they're on sale right now for very attractive prices.