NITEYE EC-R26 Is it advisable?

pepinfaxera

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm from Spain. No English language, use Google translator. I beg pardon.
I am a member of ForoLinternas Spain. pepinfaxera with same nick.

I can not put links? :
Posting Permissions

• You may not post attachments
  • I do not know the forum rules.
    Would link same question asked in Forolinternas.

NITEYE EC-R26 Is it advisable?
    I have over 20 lanterns, none of NITEYE. Hence my question.
    To be some 1,080 lumens?
    USB Charger? It works well?
    Use battery FlatTop?
    Thank you.

Sorry for Google Translator.
    Sometimes incorrect.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome to the forum.

Google translator was able to use your words to allow us to understand your question.

You need 3 posts to attach anything to your post.

The light you ask about is made by Jetbeam who has a good reputation.
It looks like a nice light. I say "go for it"

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Looks like it will use either flat or button tops. I almost bought one a month or two ago; I may still get one this year. Have had lots of JetBeams over the years, so I may just try their cousin, Niteye...

pepinfaxera

Newly Enlightened
Thanks byk fixer,
He had doubts NITEYE quality.
FastTech buying, coupon RM **** T $ 25.80
Yes doubt NITEYE quality, suspend purchase.

pepinfaxera

Newly Enlightened
thanks JohnnyBravo.
ECR26 used batteries Button Top
I still doubt NITEYE quality.
Greetings and thanks.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought the Niteye EC-R26, the price was good with a ~$11 discount this last Memorial Day.

I've been looking for a USB rechargeable 18650 light, this looked ideal. I was wrong, I've had nothing but problems with this light, some minor, some major.

Never had Niteye brand before and will NOT buy another. I have a JetBeam light (Parent company to Niteye?) I bought years ago (Jet-1 Pro IBS) I really like it.

I bought from another vendor some new 18650's. Both button top protected and flat top unprotected all were rated at 3400 mahr. I used these to test the new R26.

Not Happy with the R26

A couple things about the R26, I have serious doubts about the stated output on high & turbo. I have other lights rated at half the Lumen output that put out more light and are brighter.

>The light flickers visibly on all modes except the 2 lumen lowest mode.
>Sometimes the mode switch circuitry and switching gets messed up the light will stop working. Removing battery appears to reset everything and the light will work again.
>As a personal preference I do not light the switching arrangement. Two seconds for light to power of/off. This is not suited for any kind of self defense tactical use in my opinion. But this is ok as long as you understand that before you purchase.
>Both the on/off mode switch and the USB charging port are in the light's head on directly opposite sides. I find I have to hunt and rotate the light to find the on/off switch and often mistake them, pushing on the charger cover instead of the on/off mode switch. Again personal preference, I would prefer one or the other to be on the tail. This is one reason I prefer tailcap switches.
>Speaking of tailcap, removing the tailcap you have a spring simply pressed into place with a sorta Z shape what I would consider a poor mechanical (secures with 4 points of contact, not the entire circumference of a circular shaped spring contact) and electrical arrangement, I have no doubt at some future time I will lose this spring.

Pros:
I really like the low 2L level
This light is very compact, not much bigger than a single AA cell light.
The discounted Price was around $33

Final opinion after a few weeks of use, I would NOT recommend this light.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
do NOT buy this light!! Even batteryjunction.com has discontinued it. You want a high quality high output built in micro USB rechargeable light? Any of the 3 Nitecore MH20 models will do you very good for a very long time. The long throwing MH20GT is very expensive though even here in the states it is $100. The other two MH20's are cool white tint version and a neutral white tint version. I have all 3 and my favorite is the neutral white version. MH20 is better than that Niteye in every possible way. Any online light retailer sells them. I very much strongly advise this light. Good luck

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to add that the "Low Battery" warning arrangement for this light is screwy. I charged up a battery and run the light for two nights on the lowest 2L setting about 10hrs each night. On the third day I ran the light on turbo for approx 45 minutes until the low battery warning light came on. I considered this odd as I would NOT have thought this would drain the battery any more than 50%.

The Low Battery light did come on at a slow flash, then withing a couple minutes a fast flash. So I removed the battery and put it on my Xtar charger. It charged it fairly quickly indicating a charge of 400 mAhrs. I did not use the internal charging as I want this to get charged much quicker using an external charger.

Put the battery inside and powered the R26 up on high mode. Within minutes the Low Battery light came on.

I took the battery out and charged it with my Pila charger and within two minutes it indicated the battery was fully charged.

Inserted the same battery and powered the R26 up, now the low battery indicator (a flashing Blue LED under the on/off switch's rubber cover) flashes constantly. Now the light only operates in two modes, the lowest mode 2L and the middle mode 75L, it will not operate at the High 240L or turbo 950L modes.

VOLLSION

Banned
NITEYE is JETBEAM,and jetBeam is NITEYE.
They are the same factory !
I suggest you to choose JETBEAM

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this light and have had good luck with it so far, bought 2 of them during the group buy awhile back. I don't use it much because the UI isn't all that great but it has a nice clean beam and is quite compact. I use 18350 cells in mine with good results. I wouldn't pay more than $25-30 for this light though so if it costs more than that go for something else.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Niteye EC-R16, basically the same as the EC-R26 but the 1xCR123 version. I also own a Nitecore EC11, again same deal as the aforementioned Nitecore lights. Both lights had switching problems but the EC-R16 fairs better in this regard. On top of that the EC-R16 is recharcheable via USB which is handy and convenient. I now find myself reaching for my EC-R16 more often and it is now my EDC light.
The EC11 is nice but swapping the batteries can be a pain because of the huge o-ring at the tailcap. OTOH that makes the EC11 completely waterproof, where the EC-R16 is not very water resistant due to the switch and USB cover. I prefer the EC-R16 due to its simplicity, straightforward UI, and handy features.

Last edited: