Malkoff MDM4 M61 A new upgrade for Surefire lights

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I have to admit I don't visit Gene's website often and usually just to refresh my memory when I need some specific information or looking at the on sale items but today I decide to scroll thru the long list of pages one by one and saw something new. Well at least to me. And I thought I'd share it with CPF. It's a complete (plug and play) upgrade for the many Surefire Lights that use a Z46 sized head. Based around the Mxx sized drop in, it turns many SF lights into modern LED packages. It looks like they some (several different models available) based upon the XPL but theres one for the M6 (looks bigger than a M61) sized for the M6 which is maybe XML?

Anybody using these? I see a kit too that will allow you to use your current inventory of Malkoff's! I think lego'n just took another turn to fun!

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Just read your post, just went and looked. NICE! I like the M91T... but the ability to run my M series dropins in my M3 in particular is pretty cool. Need to save up a few bucks and check one out. Thanks for the heads up!

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just read your post, just went and looked. NICE! I like the M91T... but the ability to run my M series dropins in my M3 in particular is pretty cool. Need to save up a few bucks and check one out. Thanks for the heads up!

As you know I have or had most of Malkoff products.

I'd say the M91T is right up there with the very best! Get it without hesitation.

Only issue really is having a host available, so if you are already good with that, gather the bucks and sally forth!

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you know I have or had most of Malkoff products.

I'd say the M91T is right up there with the very best! Get it without hesitation.

Only issue really is having a host available, so if you are already good with that, gather the bucks and sally forth!

The M91T is not available as a separate Drop-In as it is supplied pre-assembled in the MDX22.3 head, my understanding is that Gene does not recommend these to be disassembled.

Have you actually been able to fit an M91T (drop-in) into a non Malkoff host?

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M91T is not available as a separate Drop-In as it is supplied pre-assembled in the MDX22.3 head, my understanding is that Gene does not recommend these to be disassembled.

Have you actually been able to fit an M91T (drop-in) into a non Malkoff host?

You get the M91T plus a "millenium adapter".

It will then fit in a Surefire Host (not all, by the way, and not the usual "C" heads), I use it in the M4.

As I messed up earlier today in another sub-forum, confusing different Malkoff products, just to make sure :laughing: this is what I am talking about:

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.c...f-malkoff-mdm4-m91-surefire-millenium-adapter

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
You get the M91T plus a "millenium adapter".

It will then fit in a Surefire Host (not all, by the way, and not the usual "C" heads), I use it in the M4.

As I messed up earlier today in another sub-forum, confusing different Malkoff products, just to make sure :laughing: this is what I am talking about:

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.c...f-malkoff-mdm4-m91-surefire-millenium-adapter

Thanks for that, I'd not noticed the adaptor before. Every day is a learning day! :thumbsup: