A Simple Review:VOLLSION SP11-S (XP-G2,1*AAA/10440,stainless steel,Tritium tube)

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
Introduction:
The VOLLSION SP11-S EDC flashlight Utilizes Cree XP-G2 LED with a lifespan of 50000 hours,it turns AAA-tiny battery into useful personal lighting with 110 lumens max output. Simple twist switch operation manages two brightness levels in this 63.8mm flashlight. Stylish stainless steel construction 、excellent Optical system、IPX-8 waterproof and drop resistance make SP11-S to be a great exquisite EDC assitstance with the great anti-corrosion.And the special design on the tail with the lifespan up to 25 years Tritium tube make it more glowing in the dark

Manufacturer specifications:
CREE XP-G2 LED
Micro orange efficient metal reflective cup +optical double coated lenses
High quality304 stainless steel shell design
High efficiency constant current constant light circuit 2 gears
110 lumins for 1.5 hours
5 Lumins for 60 hours
Maximum intensity:450 candela
Maximum range:45meters
Head rotary phase(tighten to close ans loosen to turn on)
Size:63.8mm(Length)*13.6mm(Diameter)
Weight:22G(not included battery)
1piece AAA battery(compatible 10440 rechargeable lithium-ion battery)
No obstruction hole,perfect inverted,used like a candle
Filled 25 years life tritium tube on the bottom
IPX-8 grade waterproof(submersible to 2 meters)2 meters drop resistance
Standard configuration:waterproof O ring*2,key ring*2

Packaging:
Simple packing by kraft paper box,both front and sides have brand logo,the front is product information,and the side is parameters.
1_zpsnc8kktjw.jpg

Accessories:
There are sponge protection to flashlight,manual,accessories,etc.Just lack of lanyard.But it is dispensable
2_zpsb15jmxsf.jpg

3_zpsqxpcb9s4.jpg

LED:
The XP-G2 LED ,right in the center ,better than FENIX E05SS
4_zps9zr7k1os.jpg

Build quality:
Exquisite knurled,it is stainless steel material,slippery resistance effect is much better than aluminum alloy,smooth rotate the head to adjust the open or close and the light intensity,very simple but elegant lovely knurl,texture and handiwork is top-notch
5_zpslnwjl6dd.jpg

The tail of the flashlight is T shape design,half is key ring hole,and the other is tritium trachea slot
6_zps2m21dhe8.jpg

The feature of the tritium trachea,it is in the middle,plenty of light,the tritium trachea is just 1 color,only in the dark can appear different colors
7_zpscpoxpgdc.jpg

Square thread
8_zpsqjk4k9mq.jpg

Gold plated spring head,conducting more efficient and not easy to oxidation
9_zpss4qyghwp.jpg

Blue coating lens,can be seen from the both sides of the blue light
10_zps2jdo7bbr.jpg

12_zpse63wqaio.jpg

20cm beamshot,perfect!
10cm1_zpsdflajja3.jpg

1 meter beamshot ,And you can see,this flashlight's tritium is green, i can quickly find the light source and use it in a dark environment!
11_zpslndsih9p.jpg

Compared with Iphone6s!
13_zpshmdzwlew.jpg

Compared with SwissGear!
14_zpsbeyixdl0.jpg

2 pictures about the tritium !
15_zpslvqgfgit.jpg

16_zps0npyivcz.jpg

Light up in the bucket for 30 minutes,the waterproof ability is OK!
18_zps3rtnlsr9.jpg

My thoughts:
Compact size. Excellent quality , all the details are well done !
The dimming method is very very good,it can avoid losing its head (if it is losen to turn off , the head will eally be lost when we carry it everyday)
the tritium tube,is very beautiful,though it is not too big, it can help me to find my keys and flashlight in the dark,and five colors for choosing !
but the appearance design is too ordinary!

Thanks for reading
my first review ! !:laughing:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great first review ! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see a budget light that includes a trit slot. They might have exaggerated the 25 years trit life however. It might still be visible but I doubt it would still be useful.

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
Great first review ! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see a budget light that includes a trit slot. They might have exaggerated the 25 years trit life however. It might still be visible but I doubt it would still be useful.

Before I get it ,I also have some doubt about the trit slot,but I have changed my mind since I carry it for serveral days !
The trit slot can widely be used in many things,especially for the EDC gears,we can find our equipments quicklly !

shaipig2112

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the sharing.
I like the photos which can see the details more.
Nice work for the first time.
Wait for your next review.:twothumbs

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
The dimming method of VOLLSION SP11-S is: tighten to turn off ,loosen to turn on !
So it will not come apart in you pocket when is twisted off !

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
blatant ripoff of Tain Ottavino

and of Tain Piccolo

or maybe not ;)

I don't know for sure, I have owned the first version EOSLAMP SP-11 since October 2011. Too uninterested to do the time line on both lights. So much of this universe is borrowed.The SP-11 looks great when buffed to a mirror finish. I like all of my SP-11 versions.

scout24

Flashaholic
Coincidence that we have a new member in the introductions subforum with the same user name as the name brand of this light? For all I know, it's a very common word or name in the far east. I just find the timing interesting.

easilyled

Flashaholic
The light definitely bears a striking resemblance to Tain's Ottavino and Piccolo series of lights and has the same type of UI.

Then again, there is a limit to how much one AAA light can look all that different from another imposed by the small size and shape of the battery.

The full knurling is something that Tain's machinist is a master of and to achieve such a good finish in a relatively modestly priced light made of Stainless Steel is quite creditable.

There have been many designs taken or borrowed from others across the years. Some more blatant than others. Its sometimes difficult to know whether to call it plagiarism or just a tribute to the original. Its also not always obvious about whose was the original in the first place.

Calvin0807

Newly Enlightened
Coincidence that we have a new member in the introductions subforum with the same user name as the name brand of this light? For all I know, it's a very common word or name in the far east. I just find the timing interesting.

as I know,many friends make reviews for Fenix,Olight,Jetbeam,Nitecore etc.
I just want to bring something or some brands new as my first review !

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we go back further in time, this light looks a lot like the Versati, especially the tail with the trit slot.