Best host for highest output p60 drop ins

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, with all your help, I'm learning about the the brightest and best p60 style drop ins. I've learned that heat can become big issue if drop in is used in a less than optimal host. So here's my next question: what the best host you've used for a p60 drop in that allows your 3000+ lumens to shine as long as possible without issue?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing about P60 host is that there just isn't enough metal for heatsinking..
You can get the Cryos bezel for added fins & size but there is only just that much extra you can squeeze out before your light gets too hot to handle.
Or you may get full copper host but they dont come cheap & are quite heavy.
And personally for me, i uses the Cryos bezel in my high output light but i rarely run it on max for extended time: turbos are meant to impress others. Haha..

VNguyen

Enlightened
Some beautiful stuff from cryos Ven. I was just looking at those copper one they sell yesterday and now u go rubbing it in[emoji1]

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want 3000+ lumens for a long time then consider just getting a big light.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fivemega Cooly is a good host for heat dissipation. It's one downfall is beam cutoff due to the depth of the module in the host. But if you can look beyond this issue, it might be a possibility. Besides that, I agree that the Cryos bezel is a good idea. Get their larger bezel (M2) if cooling is an issue. Copper would work even better, but is heavier and costlier.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'm getting my light fix from a few vinh lights so will take some time to weigh my options.

Father Azmodius

Enlightened
The Fivemega Cooly is a good host for heat dissipation. It's one downfall is beam cutoff due to the depth of the module in the host. But if you can look beyond this issue, it might be a possibility. Besides that, I agree that the Cryos bezel is a good idea. Get their larger bezel (M2) if cooling is an issue. Copper would work even better, but is heavier and costlier.

My two coolys have aspheric lenses, so it's not an issue

jwyj

Enlightened

I feel that Fivemega has another 26650 host for which I have 2, and I think is better than a cooly, one that has a copper insert on the head thread, this one.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...6-Copper-1x26650-Host-From-FIVEMEGA&highlight

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
All great suggestions!
Another good one is the Oveready Defense Light with the 26650 BODY.
A 26650 body can be a tad thick, but it is usually nice to have some extra capacity.
Here is one with a ODL with a OR Triple V5. Fun set up.
Edit: This is a Cryos M2 head on this body.
6D30951E-8744-4174-90BB-415A1C9D1D80_zpsnyxjnn0r.jpg

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
to many amazing hosts to count. From Oveready to Malkof to even Solarforce you just cannot seem to go wrong nowdays