TN35 MT-G2 2750 lumen vs TM26 XM-L2 4000 lumen

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Hi ,

I've been reading up on the TN35 and found it appears to be a great all around light that was very popular when it came out. I'm wondering if anyone knows how it compares with the newer TM26. I'm not interested in a thrower per se but rather a good all around light. Does anyone have both lights or is able to speak on how their beam profiles compare?

Thanks!

ven

Flashaholic
Cant comment on the tm26 much, the tn35 has a real nice 5000k beam, decent reach and spill from the MTG2. Nice control ring UI ......... Still today, for an all rounder, the acebeam k60/ k60vn is where i would be looking..............great light with control ring UI also.:)

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant comment on the tm26 much, the tn35 has a real nice 5000k beam, decent reach and spill from the MTG2. Nice control ring UI ......... Still today, for an all rounder, the acebeam k60/ k60vn is where i would be looking..............great light with control ring UI also.:)
+1 on the k60vn..

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, can't comment on the lights except I know the acebeam is VERY highly regarded, and the thrunites are very well made.
However I would highly recommend the Mt g2 led for a nice all rounder, its quite a special led in my eyes , that was not designed for flashlights and only a handful of lights were made with it, but its beam is beautiful and its powerful enough to be affective.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I consider TN35 as my most powerful flashlight. Not the brightest in neither total lumens or candela but the combination of throw and wall of light is impressive. Olight SR mini is really impressive with 3200lm but it's momentary mode. TN35 with 2000+lm for an hour or so and ~60000cd combined with the very nice tint is awesome. And the rotating mode ring just rocks!

ven

Flashaholic
Hi, can't comment on the lights except I know the acebeam is VERY highly regarded, and the thrunites are very well made.
However I would highly recommend the Mt g2 led for a nice all rounder, its quite a special led in my eyes , that was not designed for flashlights and only a handful of lights were made with it, but its beam is beautiful and its powerful enough to be affective.

I have nothing bad to say about the tn35 so can easily recommend it, mine was the tn35vn at 3500lm, just a real nice useful beam. I remember using it at the Lake District camping and tbh it was or felt slightly underwhelming . I wanted another level or teo up when used . The k60vn does kick its butt a good bit ,
4500lm OTF and quite a bit more reach. Because of the shaved dome the beam
is what I call perfect . Intense bright hot spot and bright spill, well I still have the k60vn today and it ain't going nowhere....that's says enough to me. However you really can not go wrong with either, if it's your only or first big hitter, it wont disappoint you at all. Both thrunite and acebeam make great quality lights of similar quality today .....The tn35 is not made any more though iirc ,so may be a little harder to source.

To throw another similar light to the tn35 in the mix, the k40m is another strong contender.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Wow, the K60 does sound pretty impressive. I will look into that. There's just so many great lights out there it's tough picking just one to fill the void. Thanks for all of the input.

Since the K60 seems to have superseded the TN35, how does the K60 differ from the TM26? I'm strongly pulled to the TM26 because it supports CR123 primaries in a pinch. It seems manufacturers seem to be offering that less and less. The TM28 doesn't work with primaries so that seems to be a new trend.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have either of these lights. But I would take a light with the MT-G2 over the XM-L2 ANY DAY.

ven

Flashaholic
Wow, the K60 does sound pretty impressive. I will look into that. There's just so many great lights out there it's tough picking just one to fill the void. Thanks for all of the input.

Since the K60 seems to have superseded the TN35, how does the K60 differ from the TM26? I'm strongly pulled to the TM26 because it supports CR123 primaries in a pinch. It seems manufacturers seem to be offering that less and less. The TM28 doesn't work with primaries so that seems to be a new trend.

Several factors for supporting cr123 cells which are 3v and good for 1.5a. Depending on the actual set up, so if all in parallel like the tm26 it's fine with that light and led/s as a back up.Throw in xhp35 and cells in series(example), this alters the voltage and potential drain on the cells.(simple explanation).

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
I see. That makes sense as to why I'm seeing support for primaries less often in new high power models. I guess of the all around lights I was interested the lack of CR123 support unfortunately eliminates both the TN35 and the K60. I doubt the TM26 is as nice of an all around light but I guess I will give it a shot. As always, thanks for everyone's input. I learn something new everyday. Perhaps when I'm rich and famous I can afford a K60vn to have just for the fun of it.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Several days ago I found some info on what I was looking for in an old thread from nearly three years ago in which Bucur had basically asked the same question. A very good summary of the differences between the two lights was given by moldyoldy and selfbuilt:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...EO-and-more!&p=4404381&viewfull=1#post4404381

Since I'll likely only be able to get one light this year the TM26 seems to be the one that will best suit my needs at this time. I managed to find a great deal on the TM26 and just got it delivered. All I can say is "WOW!" It is smaller than I expected but it sure lights things up. I haven't taken it out to where I can really see what it can do but it completely lights up the pine trees in the back yard. I can't wait to do some comparisons with my EA81.

Meanwhile I'll continue to look for opportunities to snag the K40m, TN35, or K60. They all look like great all-around lights. Once again CPF has been a great resource for me. :twothumbs