Maratac AAA x 2 Titanium

J Smith

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered one. Liking the price. Lower than the Alum version plus I got free shipping. Anyone else ordered one? If so how do you like it?

trojansteel

Newly Enlightened
Looks cool, good price, almost pulled the trigger but just don't see a place for it in my systems.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would like to see a single AAA clicky like that!

elzilcho

Enlightened
Would like to see a single AAA clicky like that!

Isn't that basically the Lumintop Tool?

I like the looks of the AAAx2 but can't figure out where it would fit for me.

High of 385 lumens? I'd like to see that (and runtime) confirmed. It might change my mind on buy/no buy.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up, and I hope you enjoy your new light!:)
choices are good, and the Maratac costs less
both are available in Cool White Low CRI.

besides the body style, the photos show some differences in the
switch, rubber button w Mechanical switch on the Maratac, metal button e Electronic switch on the Lumintop (eSwitch sticks up less past the clip and does not make a loud Click!)
clip, fully captive ring on the Lumintop, pop off style on the Maratac (same as on the AAA Maratac), and the
metal, both offer Titanium, Lumintop also offers Aluminum and Brass
lumens, Maratac claims more lumens on high (they do that a lot, in my experience comparing 1x AAA Maratac and Tool lumens, they are actually the same). Both models are MLH sequence, the lumen specs for low are slightly different, (I think its just a difference between OTF and LED lumens)

there is also an Acebeam PT10 that looks like the same tooling as the Maratac, with different metals and colors available...

36894595094_778f2217e1_h.jpg

Last edited: