Armytek: "hassle free" warranty? nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

wweiss

Enlightened
I was luckier - one WPro failed after 6 months of mixed indoor/outdoor use - night hiking mostly, I emailed them of the failure (wildly flashing and stuck in turbo mode...) and they shipped me their latest model without explanation within 3 weeks. No reply to my ask as to whether they wanted the old unit back.

TCY

Enlightened
I was looking to buy a Dobermann last year and gave up because of the reported giving you hassle for free warranty.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really see why you are being so harsh here. Sending a broken light to its manufacturer is a normal procedure. They didn't even ask you for a proof of purchase.

The only problem I see is that they are asking you to declare an incorrect value for customs. I know they do this because it's less hassle for them, but it's the wrong way to do it. The correct way would be to contact your customs office and declare it as a warranty return beforehand.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm going to close this, and ask the OP to read policy in the Cheers and Jeers section. When appropriate, feel free to re-post there. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.