SureFire E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman 200 Lumens?

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire has a light on their website listed as an E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman. The ad copy says it does 200 lumens for 4.25 hours on two lithium batteries which are provided.

See: https://www.surefire.com/outlet/e2laa-dss-outdoorsman.html

Has this light been previously listed? It's priced as a closeout. :huh: Was it already in production and discontinued before it reached the market like the UM2?

Or, is this just a late version of the E2LAA with a revised lumen output with a sticker on the package? Many of the SF LED lights have had their 'SureFire lumens' number increase significantly over the years.

WDR65

Enlightened
You can still look at it through the sale email. The bottom link is how I found it. I've never seen or heard anything on it. Strange that it's only single mode.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the record, before the web page disappears again, here are the advertised specs on this light, has it ever been listed elsewhere?

E2LAA DSS Outdoorsman

Single-Output LED Flashlight

Max Output -- White Light200Lumens / 4.25 Hours*
Length6.8inches
Bezel Diameter1.125in
Weight w/Batteries4.7ounces
Batteries2AA Lithium
*Specs for E2L AA are based on using included AA lithium batteries.Surefire recommends using AA lithium batteries to optimize performance.

Description

E2LAA-DSS
E2LAA-DSS084871323987

RedLeader

Newly Enlightened
I managed to snag one of these, I didn't even notice that it was a single output until later. Anyone know if this head will fit on my backup mv body?

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if this head will fit on my backup mv body?

It should if the E2LAA DSS is a standard e-series body. The E1B-MV head works fine on an E2E body that I have on the desk. And the E2E head fits the Backup MV body.

The threads and spring lengths were changed on EB1's and EB2's so a lot of e-series LEGO's don't seem to work on those lights.

Up All Night

Enlightened
Wow! Never caught a whiff of this one. I'm kinda pissed. Thought it was some kind of premature April Fools gag when I first saw the link. Doh!

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I didn't purchase this light. I did however purchase the g2d rescue light. I purchased right after receiving the email. I'm talking seconds and today I got an update email canceling my order due to sell out. I guess they only had one? So surefire does it again. I dont think I'll do anymore buying of the sale items since they never ship anyway.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the deal going on and didn't even bother. After the Black Friday fiasco, I refuse to purchase their products lol. They make a good light, but I can't support their current business practices.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I didnt purchase this light. I did however purchase the g2d rescue light. I purchased right after receiving the email. I'm talking seconds and today I got an update email canceling my order due to sell out. I guess they only had one? So surefire does it again. I dont think I'll do anynore buying of the sale items anymore since they never ship anyway.

Ouch. I got caught in the pre-Christmas sale where SF.com took my money and applied a discount coupon and then, days later when it was too late to get something else before Christmas, they told me that the coupon didn't apply and my order was cancelled. It was a half-dozen Sidekicks for stocking stuffers, not a huge deal but not a good customer experience either. :cool:

I struggled through ordering one of these E2LAA DSS lights, tried logging in, then ordering as a guest and finally got them to take my money again. Perhaps the site was saturated with orders after the sale email went out. Then, after a couple of minutes I got an order confirmation on the screen and in my email. I'll try not to get my hopes up after reading your G2D vaporware post. I am mildly curious whether the single-mode 200 lumen E2LAA DSS really exists. And, was I able to snag one?

If you've traveled to remote areas of the world you know how ubiquitous the AA battery is. And how scarce or at least expensive the CR123A cell can be even in international urban areas.

Besides the E2LAA and its weaponlight variants have there been any SF's that take AA's? Seems like one of the headlights years ago would take AA's in one direction in the battery compartment and CR123A's across the battery compartment in a 'dual fuel' setup.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wishing from SF for a 1xAA for the past 10 years. They don't want to do it. Not sure why. Their 2xAA are way too long.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch. I got caught in the pre-Christmas sale where SF.com took my money and applied a discount coupon and then, days later when it was too late to get something else before Christmas, they told me that the coupon didn't apply and my order was cancelled. It was a half-dozen Sidekicks for stocking stuffers, not a huge deal but not a good customer experience either. :cool:

I struggled through ordering one of these E2LAA DSS lights, tried logging in, then ordering as a guest and finally got them to take my money again. Perhaps the site was saturated with orders after the sale email went out. Then, after a couple of minutes I got an order confirmation on the screen and in my email. I'll try not to get my hopes up after reading your G2D vaporware post. I am mildly curious whether the single-mode 200 lumen E2LAA DSS really exists. And, was I able to snag one?

If you've traveled to remote areas of the world you know how ubiquitous the AA battery is. And how scarce or at least expensive the CR123A cell can be even in international urban areas.

Besides the E2LAA and its weaponlight variants have there been any SF's that take AA's? Seems like one of the headlights years ago would take AA's in one direction in the battery compartment and CR123A's across the battery compartment in a 'dual fuel' setup.
Oh man..yes I will be curious as to your situation when it comes. I seen this single AA and almost purchased along with the g2d but hesitated. I sure hope all of you get shipping notices and not cancel notices.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wishing from SF for a 1xAA for the past 10 years. They don't want to do it. Not sure why. Their 2xAA are way too long.

One really wonders, when seeing how good their circuitry is on the Titan 15/125 lumen model.
Think of how great that same driver would be, while running a L91.