Surefire is now a copy-cat...

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard they weren't even the first to come up with the idea of a flashlight! Geez, what a bunch of losers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol... I think depending on how you look at it the vast majority of idea were borrowed from somewhere or another. I would say no, they did not copy it from CG&G... too many differences in my opinion.

-Mike

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PoppyGoddess said:
Did Surefire copy the strike bezel from CG&G?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well your subject title certainly seems to imply this??!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I believe SF might have had some protype pieces that may have pre dated the TID but I suspect the point(s) is mute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wick

Newly Enlightened
This question was raised over at USN a week or two ago. John Stanridge from SF Mil/LEO sales posted something on the topic. Basically someone asked if it was a rip off by Surefire. Stanridge replied, "Who do you believe came up with that design?" After a few private messages were relayed the people involved seemed to think it was OK. So, I'm not entirely sure who came up with that design but it sounds like it might be on the up and up.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I admit total ignorance really over what's being discussed here, but I figure that what I'm about to say is valid anyhow.

If it's a good idea, I don't think that it really matters so much who came up with it first, Surefire is a company which prides itself on having among (if not the) highest quality priducts out there, and I can see quite clearly that if someone else had come up with something which they felt would enhance their product range, that it should be implemented, no doubt having been approved by whoever invented it firsthand.