Olight i3E First Impressions and Black Friday sale info

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a Review Sample of the Olight i3E. It is by far my smallest AAA light, barely larger than my spare battery carrier. I like the option to use the i3E as a spare battery carrier.
8RfPzeA.jpg

The Olight i3E is a single mode light, it is very bright for an AAA, and has a very nice Bright White beam.
l-r, 3000k, 4000k, Olight i3E looks like 6000k to me
MKsTJ6U.jpg

The light comes in a presentation case, and includes a Lithium Primary Battery.
aBxKwLw.jpg

imo the Olight i3E makes an excellent gift for non flashoholics. I am impressed that Olight has included a High Quality Lithium Primary. Lithium Primaries are longer lasting, withstand temperature extremes better, and do not leak. This Olight i3E is an Excellent package. I am impressed by the quality and presentation.

There is a big sale coming up for Dark Friday on various Olight models..
here are links that Olight asked me to share:
it includes a Free Olight i3E
ngCzxIb.jpg

and a direct link to purchase the Olight i3E, if you dont get a free one..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/162302300863

and a direct link to more info about the i3E:
https://www.olightstore.com/olight-i3e-eos-black/

here are some of the items that will be on sale
Black Friday sale detail:
1. 23rd Nov, PL-MINI:1pc get 40% off, 2 pcs 45% off. S1R TI & cu: 30% off. New member can get free I3E..
2. 24th Nov, PL-2: 40% off.
3. 25th Nov, X7R: 40% off.
4. 26th Nov, M2R CU: 1pc get 25% off, 2 pcs 30% off.

disclosure, I got a free review sample, but I am not an affiliate and get no commission on any sales

I do believe this is a reliable light, and Im glad to own one. I hope some of you get a chance to pick up one of the free ones today, Turkey Day. Happy Holidays to all.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have one on a key ring and gave a bunch away as gifts. Survived a trip though the washer no problem.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woods Walker, thanks for sharing your experience.. good to know the light is waterproof and reliable..

Some runtime charts, very efficient!
I confirmed my i3E makes 100 lumens on my meter
the AAA Tool runs half as long at similar brightness
Terry Oregon said:
I own several. Very consistent output. You will get almost 1.5hrs with an Energizer Lithium.

hyfPB3z.jpg

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The runtime chart seems about right as well. Also dropped mine a dozen or so times as attached to the keys. I give it no respect. One pro to a cheap light that keeps on working.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Has this light been re-deisgned? The I3E has been around for years... I own several in various colors, but it appears that all of the colors (except black) have been discontinued.

It's a great, simple light on its own... and it does make a great spare AAA carrier for my I3S.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I've gifted over a hundred of these Olights (in their various iterations). Everyone loves them. I have some people remembering me mainly because I gave them one of these lights, haha. I bet I've gifted over a dozen in the past 30 days alone. They are simply one of the best little gifts you can ever give anyone. Buy a bunch of them and hand them out like candy.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a couple of the I3E lights. Love the size and build, but the output was overkill for my uses and I prefer the peace of mind of longer runtime. I sent one to Vinh and asked him to add a resistor to it. He got it done and dropped the output down to 15 lumens. He seemed pretty excited about it and now I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail. When I get it I'll post here again and do a runtime test as well.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
$20 for the resistor mod. That's all I had him do. No led swap at this point.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the info.. I think the 15 lumens output is a great idea! My guess is it will now offer a 6 hour runtime, much more practical, than stock 100 lumens for 1 hour.

fwiw There is also a High CRI option, same size as the i3e:

Skillhunt e3a

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I've seen those and people seem to really like them. On the other forum a few folks been adding resistors to them as well and testing runtime. Someone dropped it to 2.5 lumens and ran it for days. Pretty cool.

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened
Look nice but to be honest I`m very happy with my 7$ AAA flash light i got from amazon. Not nearly as small but it was only 74

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alrighty then. Started the Vinh modded 15 lumen I3e runtime test at 5pm. Running on a freshly charged regular eneloop. I'll report back on how long she makes it. Overall first impression is that this is now I light I will use often. 1 hour runtime on any light doesn't do much for me and the 15 lumens this thing puts out now is surprisingly useful. Nice beam. Yes, I guess it would be nicer if it were a bit warmer and hi cri but whatever. Maybe in the future. Used it as the dog walking light last night and didn't want for more. Big thank you to Vinh!
Edit: 4 hours and 15 minutes and motoring along nicely.
Edit: 5 hours and all is well.
Edit: 6 hours in, no visible drop
Edit: 6.5 hours and no change
Edit: 7 hours! Woo Hoo! Starting to notice dropping output right aroun 7 hr 5 min or so. Pulled the battery and it was at 0.83v.
8F87FBE6-1092-40DF-BEA4-F679B3C17C11.jpeg

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right at 7 hours flat output of 15 lumens on a regular eneloop. Pretty cool. I'm gonna grab a lithium primary and see how long that will go. Thumbs up on this resistor mod!