Need New Light

frjeff

Newly Enlightened
My EagleTac G25C2 seems to have died (switch only turns light on intermittently and no strobe, etc)
Factory wants me to return to them for repair (Hong Kong) on my dime.

Not sure I want to send it that far so considering a replacement. Looking for advice on comparable lights or if there is something of better value.

Thanks for all advice offered.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you clean the contact surfaces and swap out a freshly charged cell?

LED Monkey

Enlightened
If it is a switch gone bad I would think you could buy a replacement pretty easily and not much money, if it's the led module I believe you can buy replacement led modules for the G25C2 for around $40. bucks and you can unscrew the old one and screw in the new one to swap it out. You might be able to narrow the problem by taking off the tail cap and use a paper clip or something similar to contact the bottom -neg battery and the bottom edge of the battery tube then try to operate the light and see how it works with head twists, if it still doesn't work properly it may be the led module which is user replaceable.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Upon further review of the "G25C2" I think the led module is not replaceable as it is with the "T25C2" . You could still try and check the tail switch or the head for problems as described above, and I know you cleaned the threads of the light but if you haven't tightened tail switch retaining ring it could cause a problem.