Recommend me a rechargeable flashlight

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone

I'm looking for a rechargeable flashlight without hundreds of modes...

It has to be rear clicky on/off .
Preferably simple hi/low mode
500ish lm is plenty
Good quality but not mega expensive...£40 ish

Thanks everyone

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone

I'm looking for a rechargeable flashlight without hundreds of modes...

It has to be rear clicky on/off .
Preferably simple hi/low mode
500ish lm is plenty
Good quality but not mega expensive...£40 ish

Thanks everyone

What do you mean exactly when you say "a rechargeable flashlight"? Do you want it to have a power port for recharging or lock into a cradle to charge the cell inside or is it enough that the cell is rechargeable?

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
What do you mean exactly when you say "a rechargeable flashlight"? Do you want it to have a power port for recharging or lock into a cradle to charge the cell inside or is it enough that the cell is rechargeable?
I want the convenience of being able to charge the flashlight. I had a rechargeable Olight until recently but it finally gave up on me.. I don't mind if it docks or has a USB style charging port....but don't want the hassle of separate cells/charger etc..

Last edited:

Prokskee

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight microstream usb low 50lm/high 250lm. Far from 500lm but plenty bright for most tasks. The coyote model starts off in high then goes to low I believe all other colors go low to high.

obscure

Newly Enlightened
Currently looking into the Rovyvon Aurora line, can't recommend as I haven't had them in my hands but they tick a few boxes for me:
- rechargeable
- tiny
- side-click
- tritium inserts
But the price is high and there are a bunch of features I don't need — doesn't feel "minimalist".
There are reviews on the forum.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was already kind of recommended and I agree. Streamlight MACROstream USB EDC should be exactly what you are looking for. Prokskee mentioned the MICROstream USB pocket light, but the EDC actually goes up to 500Lm. Tail clicky, dual-output, 500 Lm, durable, USB rechargeable. Literally everything you asked for.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Currently looking into the Rovyvon Aurora line, can't recommend as I haven't had them in my hands but they tick a few boxes for me:
- rechargeable
- tiny
- side-click
- tritium inserts
But the price is high and there are a bunch of features I don't need — doesn't feel "minimalist".
There are reviews on the forum.

I highly recommend these.

I have owned the smaller ones for awhile and took the leap more recently on the larger A23, A25, A28. They are phenomenal.

Probably the best "lesser known" flashlights on the market today. They tick all the boxes. Rechargeable, good UI (although different from everyone else's), easy to carry, great pocket clip on the EDC models, and optional high CRI emitters.

Doesn't really meet OP's criteria, but they're fab.

For OP, I recommend the Wowtac A7. There aren't a lot of "modern" lights with tail switches as the tail switch seems to have become kind of an anachronism but the A7 has one and it is a distinctly good flashlight at a value price.

As to the simplicity of the interface, it has moonlight, low, medium, high, and turbo. You click the tail switch to turn the light on and off, and the side button to progress the light to a brighter mode, which cycles back to moonlight.