Vacation Time Yea ha!! OK now what?

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tennessee is a beautiful state with a lot of diversity but Arizona has some of the most breath taking views that I've ever seen and I've been to a lot of places. Check out these 360-degree Virtual Reality Panoramas pictures I found in the Arizona Highways web page. I wish the quality were just a little better.

So let's share some good ideas, Where did you take your best vacation? What are some of the better places to visit in your state?

Tennessee has a lot to offer if you like camping and the mountains. I love going to the the Smoky Mountain National Park and just spending time there. If you like the outdoors it has everything from backpacking to rafting. If you know where to go it's pretty easy to get away from all the tourist. I don't want to sound like a hermit but when I take time off I just want to get away from everything. If you ever thought about visiting Tennessee you might want to check out the Tennessee Vacation web page .

If the place that you mention has a web site then please post it.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about beautiful, sunny, Santa Barbara, California!

The weather is great here right now. SB isn't a big city; it has a warm and coozy feeling to it. There is the SB Zoo, shopping, the beach, Stern's Warf, and more.

Lol, guess where my parents are right now? Nashville Tenessee!

Bill.H

Enlightened
I liked vacationing in Maine so much I abandoned NJ and moved here. I've been around most of the country and there's no place else I'd rather live. Colorado Springs (my second choice) is very nice but they don't have an ocean.

http://www.mtdesertisland.com/ also, if you google there are lots of vacation web sites for the Maine coast.

BTW, January is not the best time to visit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i agree with Bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

but living in Maine, i'd have to say my favorite vacation i've been on is the short trip to Quebec City.

Edit:
actually it's a toss up between Quebec City and the first white water rafting trip i took down the Kennebec that got me hooked to rafting.

some Maine info:
...consists of 16 counties with 22 cities, 424 towns, 51 plantations and 416 unorganized townships.
...boasts of 6,000 lakes and ponds, 32,000 miles of rivers and streams, 17 million acres of forestland, 3478 beautiful miles of coastline, and 2,000 islands.
...is recognized as one of the most healthful states in the nation with summer temperatures averaging 70 F and winter temperatures averaging 20 F.
...has one county (Aroostook) so big (6,543 square miles) that it actually covers an area greater than the combined size of Connecticut and Rhode Island.
...has one mountain which is approximately one mile high-Mt. Katahdin (5,268 ft. above sea level).
...is America's largest blueberry growing state raising 98% of the low-bush blueberries in the United States. Potatoes rank consistantly in the top five in both acreage and in production nationally.
...has 60 lighthouses including Portland Head Light commissioned by George Washington.