Longbow customer service?

DanMan4142

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have any experience with Longbows customer service? Im just curious since Igot my micra yesterday, butI really doubt I will ever have any problems with it, it seems really tough.
THanks

luxlover

Banned
I sent an email to Scott Ashby of Longbow (Light10) in Arizona, about three weeks ago. No reply. I left two voice mailbox messages with him. No call back. I sent a reminder email to him two weeks ago. No reply. I know a dealer who was about to start carrying the Longbow line, but decided against it due to Scott's unprofessional business manner. The dealer regrets that the line cannot be offered to us, but principles are principles.

The only thing good about the "Longbow experience" is the lights. We all know how wonderful they are. Don't decide against buying a Longbow because of this. I bought my Micra from Bulldog Enterprises, and Martin has treated me very well. When my clicky tailcap switch had an intermittent connection problem, he just sent me a new tailcap. When my Longbow 123 battery came to me with reduced open voltage, he sent me a fresh battery. Customer service should be obtained from the Longbow dealer, and not Longbow. They will care about you as they should!

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
I also e-mailed Longbow in Arizona with a question about the optic and was never replied to. The quality of the lights are top-notch, but the customer service in the US isn't up to par. Just my two cents.

luxlover

Banned
Your two cents is worth a million bucks, because it gets out the word that there is a public relations problem between Longbow and our loyal dealers, as well as with those of us who are Longbow customers. The truth is a good thing! Sugar coating the truth is not! Keep on truckin'!

DanMan4142

Newly Enlightened
Well, I sent longbow an email on monday, and I got a reply on tuesday, followed by another reply from a different person today. So from my very limited experience they seem to be quick to answer email at least for me.

luxlover

Banned
Hey Longbow owning gang. It seems that DanMan has an "in" with Longbow. So any questions that you have for the company, that have been ignored in the past, can be sent to DanMan, and he can forward them to Longbow as his own! Is it a deal DanMan? You know that I am kidding. May I ask if you emailed to Singapore or Arizona? Arizona was the location I was refering to. Maybe Singapore would be a better bet for Q&A emails? I will try them next.

This is Singapore... [email protected]
This is Arizona..... [email protected]

sashby

Newly Enlightened
Luxover, I have no records of you trying to contact me or our offices in Arizona within 3 4 or even 5 weeks of the time from which you wrote your comments. The last contact I had with you was over two months ago and was a series of lengthy phone conversations and e-mail messages in which two issues were identified. The first was a faulty optic. I dispatched a new optic to you from Singapore within 1 week of your call. The second issue had to do with your intermittant switch problem. We decided at that time I would credit Martin of Bulldog with any corrective actions he took on your behalf. Your subsequent phone messages stated clearly that they were for information purposes only and didn't require a call back from me. During my last contact with you, it was my understanding that all outstanding issues had been resolved to your satisfaction. If you have any other outstanding issues please contact me directly. I believe You have my personal phone number.

sidespill

Enlightened
Sashby,

Do you frequent these forums. Would you mind if we shoot you private messages here regarding any longbow ques.?
Here's one quick one in case your reading.
Any new intel on the MAX? When can we see one stateside?

sashby

Newly Enlightened
Sidespill,

I do not frequent the forum as I am on the road a lot these days and simply don't have the time or the access available. However we have people in the organization who follow the CPF religiously, and alert me when an issue has surfaced that needs to be addressed. I turned my personal messaging off. If you need to contact me, do so at [email protected].

Most of my communications will continue to flow through the distributors and dealers of Longbow. However, to your question. The Max is currently undergoing field testing in Japan. Barring any last minute design modifications, I am expecting a release on this product before the end of the Summer. Just in time for hunting season.

sidespill

Enlightened
Sashby,

Thanks for the reply. Customer service goes a long way with us CPFers. With 2 products being equal in price and performance most members here will choose to purchase the product from the dealer/manufacture with the better reputation. Just take a look at the Cheers and Jeers forum. I've based many of my purchasing decisions on info. I've read there. Longbow seems to be very promising and I wish the company good luck.