The only thing I hate about the Arc AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It eats everything in my pocket. Ruined a nice black space pen and a knife scale. Any way to carry w.o this prob>?

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
After you ruin everything else for a year or two, it'll eventually wear down a bit and get alot smoother.

I carry one on a BP mini clip in a pocket only with change and a single key also on a BP mini.

simbad

Enlightened
I also take mine with my keys and a black small swiss army knife, after a few months the scales have a nice matte finish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

cy

Flashaholic
Remove the HA or find an early ARC AAA with black type II anodizing. Most of those are worn/broken in.

You can also look for an ARC AAA w/less agressive knurling and/or well broken in like the above post indicates.

Quality HA like ARC puts on, has a rockwell of aprox 63 or harder than most things in your pocket.

don't destroy your good HA AAA. please pm if you want one that's well worn.

avusblue

Enlightened
Wrap it in Hockey Tape. Which is what I did, until I switched over to carrying a Dorcy AAA. It is slightly larger, but the beam is the same, it has a much more handy switch, and it has a smooth body with rubber section that makes it very mouthable. Also you don't care as much if you lose it, lend it out, or give it to someone in need.

Cheers,

Dave

chrisse242

Enlightened
You could carry it round your neck, away from the things in your pockets. Just use some cord through the split ring or try one of the kydex neck-sheaths I'm selling in custom and modified B/S/T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
There is another one available from survival sheaths but I don't know where to get it from, except from toolshop.de in germany.

Chrisse

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kydex in pocket sheath sounds nice, though
Mine's already getting worn, though the finish isn't getting much abuse. (Lots of ink of in from fountain pen explosion)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry mine on a titanium chain around my neck. Thankfully it leaves my chest hair alone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Keith

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Accelerated wear. Stuff the business end with blue-tack, then roll it around in a can with ball bearings. Or rub it lightly with sandpaper of 800 grit or higher.

Best idea... send it to me. I'll wear it down for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet shrink tubing around the body would work excellently. I had a pair of hand grippers that had too agressive knurling for my tastes and the shrink tubing worked wonderfully.

cy

Flashaholic
get Chrisse's custom kydex shealth for ARC AAA. I spec mine with a belt clip, oriented sideways facing rear.

It's da bomb!!! almost invisible sideways and very secure. And best of all not scratching up everything in your pocket.

My camera is down, wish I could post some pics. This shealth is totally functional and bomb proof. totally high tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.